Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Northridge4x4 - REMOVED AS A VENDOR

Quote Originally Posted by KlausVanWinkle View Post
    Yes. That happens every day. Brands like your idea, then produce it themselves. Or they give the project you've been working on for 6mos to another agency, etc. Any creative field is hyper competitive and requires you to roll with the punches.

You can't copyright a video format. That being said, Their videos are embarrassingly similar to wayalife's. But we all know it and called NR out on it. The internet usually takes care of itself. What are the sayings? Imitation flattery and "Creativity is all about hiding your sources."

But coming from an equally tught knot land cruiser forum and not having found my "jeep forum" home yet, this thread represents the two parts about the wayalife community that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

1. Some members tend to be very rude and aggressive out of the gate. That happens on every forum. But it seems to happen in every thread here. It's very rare on places like expedition portal.

2. Eddie seems to find drama. Whether it's North Ridge or AEV or TF. Since he has that relationship with NR, he probably could have called them out privately and they'd have been embarrassed enough to stop. Maybe he did and this was the result. But it does seem a little dramatic.
    Again, it does not "happen everyday" WITHIN the structure of a privately owned forum. That's the point. This is a privately owned forum wherein the owner has the right to operate it as he sees fit.
    2008 2DR RED ROCK X

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Yes. That happens every day. Brands like your idea, then produce it themselves. Or they give the project you've been working on for 6mos to another agency, etc. Any creative field is hyper competitive and requires you to roll with the punches.

You can't copyright a video format. That being said, Their videos are embarrassingly similar to wayalife's. But we all know it and called NR out on it. The internet usually takes care of itself. What are the sayings? Imitation flattery and "Creativity is all about hiding your sources."

But coming from an equally tught knot land cruiser forum and not having found my "jeep forum" home yet, this thread represents the two parts about the wayalife community that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

1. Some members tend to be very rude and aggressive out of the gate. That happens on every forum. But it seems to happen in every thread here. It's very rare on places like expedition portal.

2. Eddie seems to find drama. Whether it's North Ridge or AEV or TF. Since he has that relationship with NR, he probably could have called them out privately and they'd have been embarrassed enough to stop. Maybe he did and this was the result. But it does seem a little dramatic.
    Lol, he's not afraid to call a spade a spade. The only reason other forum admins don't is for the money/free parts etc and they don't have the balls.

Dramatic? Lol, get the fuck outta here with that none sense
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

I gotta say I've read through these comments and my first thoughts was what a bunch of whiners. I happened across NR4x4's this morning and thought nothing of it. That being said I have never seen Eddie's videos. Out of curiosity I went to YouTube and checked out some of Eddie's videos. I can see the similarities. I get it now. That is the advantage of running your own business. You get to work with who you want. In Eddie's position I'd probably do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skid_Kid View Post
    100% behind Eddie and fully support Wayalife. I will continue and happy rep my banner proud in the PNW.
    This.....
    2008 2DR RED ROCK X

Blah...blah...blah.

Blah...blah...blah
    You clearly don't get it. Honestly, if you haven't found your "Jeep forum" home yet, I am very confident that you won't find it here.

I'm also very confident that the bad taste in your mouth comes from a much different source.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    You clearly don't get it. Honestly, if you haven't found your "Jeep forum" home yet, I am very confident that you won't find it here.

I'm also very confident that the bad taste in your mouth comes from a much different source.
    Im glad someone said it.

Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    Eddie simply stated that NR4x4 would no longer be a vender on the forum, due to the videos, AS WELL AS, the direction their business is going. If I were a bettin man, I'd say the video was simply the last straw in something that has been a long time coming.
    Running a business myself, I would have to agree with this ^. There is probably a ton more to this thing.

This is a great group of guys with good humor. The only agressiveness out of the gate from what I see is when someone reads and agrees to the rules and then posts something completely contrary. It's the moderator's jobs to call that stuff out. At the same time, if you can't deal with the initial 'hazing' due to thin skin, then you probably won't last here. I got my ass handed to me on the first day, and I'm still here loving this forum.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Some of these responses are lame. Can any one of you seriously say that wasn't a blatant copy of Eddies films?

Like Sharkey said NR4x4 forgot they were once a small shop that wasn't well known. They let the almighty dollar cloud their judgement and are now DIRECTLY competing with Wayalife films.

Maybe we should start selling Jeep parts and go advertise on their Facebook group?

Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    Some of these responses are lame. Can any one of you seriously say that wasn't a blatant copy of Eddies films?

Like Sharkey said NR4x4 forgot they were once a small shop that wasn't well known. They let the almighty dollar cloud their judgement and are now DIRECTLY competing with Wayalife films.

Maybe we should start selling Jeep parts and go advertise on their Facebook group?
    My responses are always lame.... So I am on point!
    SEMPER FIDELIS!

2013 Black JKUR
    Zac Brown of the PNW

Northridge4x4

Case and point.
    Case and point what? That we have morals here? That we feel that NR4X4 piggybacking off of eddie is wrong and you feel they did nothing wrong? As previously stated, this is a private forum. Eddie has allowed the vendors to have input and try to help customers with their products that as we all know 9 times out of 10 come with shitty directions. Share our experiences in which to buy and which to steer clear of. These are the priceless values in which this forum was created for. We could sit here and argue all day, but when it comes down to it, NR4X4 crossed a line that if i had to guess they've been approaching for a while now. We come off as assholes sometimes because people so rudely click "I Agree" and go straight to the classifieds. If someone gets hounded on one of their threads, they deserved it for being so inconsiderate to a contract they agreed to. If you get your feelings hurt here, my guess is your stay will be short lived. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast