Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brake Pedal Rattle

Brake Pedal Rattle

2015 JK Brake pedal rattle

We took our new 2015 JKU Rubicon out for its first off road adventure and I noticed this loud rattle coming from the brake pedal.

It only happens while driving over rough terrain at any speed. At first I thought it was coming from the steering column but, I quickly realized the noise stopped when I had my foot on the brake pedal.The rattle also stops if I pull up on the brake pedal with my foot.

Soon, I plan to take a close look to see if there are any loose bolts or Iinkage in the brake pedal assembly.

I'll update this thread when I have more info but, in the meantime, has anyone run into this problem? If so, please post up your experience.

I have not had this issue in my own jeep, or heard of it yet. Curious to see what you can find out tho.

Is your jeep a manual or automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by LAJK View Post
    Is your jeep a manual or automatic?
    Auto per his profile

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Auto per his profile
    Correct. Auto trans.

it's your abs kicking in, if you have the override switch you can disable it when off road.
    i see you have a rubicon, use the switch to turn off the esp/abs, it'll activate automatically if you turn off the jeep so you'll need to turn it off each time you go wheeling
    Last edited by jeeeep; 11-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.

I had the something similar happening on my 08' six speed. Turned out it was one of my hydraulic lines hitting the heat shield.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    it's your abs kicking in, if you have the override switch you can disable it when off road.
    i see you have a rubicon, use the switch to turn off the esp/abs, it'll activate automatically if you turn off the jeep so you'll need to turn it off each time you go wheeling
    This isn't Tony's first rodeo and I can assure you that it's not his ABS kicking in. It seems to be localized to the pedal and without having given it a closer look, I would have to guess it's a bushing or something around that area that isn't quite on just right.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This isn't Tony's first rodeo and I can assure you that it's not his ABS kicking in. It seems to be localized to the pedal and without having given it a closer look, I would have to guess it's a bushing or something around that area that isn't quite on just right.
    yeah, i just read it again. 1st time I read it i was thinking the pedal shudder when driving fast on rough terrain. i used to get it on mine and more often with the 315's driving fast on rough terrain until i did the steering wheel dance to shut it off.

Thanks Eddie and Jeeeep!

To be honest, when I first heard it I thought to myself, "oh, the abs just kicked in" because that's almost what it sounds like. Well, I'm certain that's not what's causing the noise.

Like Eddie mentioned, it's probably a bushing in the brake lever system.

I guarantee I will figure out what it us and report back. In the meantime, I have way more important things to do.

1448412050363.jpg

Stat tuned....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast