Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pedal Rattle

Quote Originally Posted by fgreatorex View Post
    I have a 2016 Rubicon with 3K miles on it the shift that became very loose so I brought it to the dealer turns out there was a recall on the shifter in a recall on the airbags I asked him to take a look at the pedal and they said it was normal but every time I hit a good-sized bump it's a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the steering column

Typical dealer response. It's definitely not normal. If the rattle is really bothering you, I'd ask to discuss the issue with the service manager. If you're given the same answer, then you might want to call the Chrysler customer assistance center.

Or just apply my fix and call it a day...😀

That's the way we do it.
    1. Somebody wind up a couple of coils of office adhesive tape on the sleeves.
    2. My way is:
    Just an additional washer made from a material such as caprolon.
    There is almost no pedal rattling.
    0.02.01.jpg

Fresh Catch

Great fix

I have a 2016 Rubicon and the break pedal was making a loud noise when hitting a bump so I reached out and asked if anybody had the same problem and I got a reply to try Jeep fans fix and I am happy to say it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by fgreatorex View Post
    I have a 2016 Rubicon and the break pedal was making a loud noise when hitting a bump so I reached out and asked if anybody had the same problem and I got a reply to try Jeep fans fix and I am happy to say it worked great.
    Awesome! Glad this fixed the noise! 👍

Anyone have the same rattle problem with the gas pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    Anyone have the same rattle problem with the gas pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No. The gas pedal is tight enough.

Fresh Catch

How?

Hi,
    I'm a new owner of 2015 Jeep Sport and have this problem. Doing a search I came across this thread. I know it's old but I thought I would ask anyway. How did you guys, that did this, fix get two hands up there to get twist ties or clamps on the hose? I can get one hand up there and get the hose on but can't figure out how to get the zip ties on. I'm not a big guy but as as of yet I can't figure it out. Do I need to remove a panel or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddo View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a new owner of 2015 Jeep Sport and have this problem. Doing a search I came across this thread. I know it's old but I thought I would ask anyway. How did you guys, that did this, fix get two hands up there to get twist ties or clamps on the hose? I can get one hand up there and get the hose on but can't figure out how to get the zip ties on. I'm not a big guy but as as of yet I can't figure it out. Do I need to remove a panel or something?
    Its definitely not an easy area to work around!

I mostly used one hand to get the hose in place. With a little practice and extra long wire ties I was able to wrap the wire ties around the hose with one hand.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for the reply. One more question. Do the zip ties simply keep the hose in place or do they perform a function in eliminating the rattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. One more question. Do the zip ties simply keep the hose in place or do they perform a function in eliminating the rattle?
    The ties keep the hose in place. The tighter the hose fits between the pedal and bracket the better. I found the ties ensure the hose will not loosen over time.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast