Is it legal to have the windshield down in Colorado?

Adrenalinemasher

So Im in Colorado and Im wondering if anybody knows if it is legal here to have the windshield down on public roads. I've tried searching the states vehicle requirements as well as some other threads on various forums but nothing help full comes up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Even if it isn't, I really wouldn't recommend you do it especially being that you have a JK. On the older TJ, YJ and CJ, all of which have flat windshields, it can be fun if not impractical but on a JK with its curved windshield, you'll lose quite a bit of visibility on the sides of your hood. Also getting it back up and in the exact position it came from the factory is very difficult to do and if you don't get it right, you will have wind noise and leaks. So you know, I have tried it and regretted it.

martinzusmc

I am sure the law is similar to that on a motorcycle. Meaning you still would need eye protection or risk getting a ticket. Nonetheless I would go with what Eddie is saying.

Adrenalinemasher

Even if it isn't, I really wouldn't recommend you do it especially being that you have a JK. On the older TJ, YJ and CJ, all of which have flat windshields, it can be fun if not impractical but on a JK with its curved windshield, you'll lose quite a bit of visibility on the sides of your hood. Also getting it back up and in the exact position it came from the factory is very difficult to do and if you don't get it right, you will have wind noise and leaks. So you know, I have tried it and regretted it.

Thanks a lot Eddie great advice

JeepJeep75

I have learned yet another new thing about my jeep. Thanks Eddie!! I was thinking about trying the windshield fold-down just to see what it's like. Now I think I'll just leave it be. Solid advice!! Thanks!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

toxicwaste29

I had mine down once before for some work. It takes maybe an hour or two to take it down. You have to take off the sunvisors, undo that plastic fascia, undo the roll bar extension bolts on the windshield frame, and undo the outside windshield supports. To much work IMO

Last edited:
Top Bottom