Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: The ISSUES with 16" Wheels on a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

  1. #11
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    43,001
    Okay, finally got our new 1.25" wheel spacers in today and so I just ran out and did a quick test fit to see how things work out. Here's a shot of what the spacers look like.
    IMG_4691.jpg

    Here are a few side by shot of what the 1.25" spacer looks next to a 1" spacer.
    IMG_4692.jpg

    IMG_4693.jpg

    IMG_4694.jpg

    Now, here are a couple of shots to show the initial test fit of the new spacer. As you can see, the lug bolt sits beneath the mounting surface and solves the problem of running aftermarket wheels without a recess to clear the bolt heads.
    IMG_4702.jpg

    IMG_4703.jpg

    Here are a few shots to show how the addition of a spacer helps to give a good fit and more importantly, helps to clear the brake caliper.
    IMG_4695.jpg

    It's a tight fit but the addition of the wheel spacer does allow the caliper to clear the wheel and without having to do any grinding.
    IMG_4696.jpg

    IMG_4697.jpg

    Finally, this shot will show how the extra .25" was all that was needed to allow the wheel to mount flush onto the spacer.
    IMG_4700.jpg

    Unfortunately, I won't be able to get our lift installed let alone the new wheels and tires until next week at the soonest. More likely than not, later than that due to Christmas.

  2. #12
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Okay, finally got our new 1.25" wheel spacers in today and so I just ran out and did a quick test fit to see how things work out. Here's a shot of what the spacers look like.

    Unfortunately, I won't be able to get our lift installed let alone the new wheels and tires until next week at the soonest. More likely than not, later than that due to Christmas.
    Glad the spacers work out. I am really anxious to see how the tires look on it when it's done.

  3. #13
    Knows a Thing or Two metalic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

    Unfortunately, I won't be able to get our lift installed let alone the new wheels and tires until next week at the soonest. More likely than not, later than that due to Christmas.
    I think I want to see this lift and tires installed more than you do. Lol

    We almost bought a renegade but opted for a second wrangler. This will be the first one I've seen lifted.

  4. #14
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    43,001
    Quote Originally Posted by metalic View Post
    I think I want to see this lift and tires installed more than you do. Lol

    We almost bought a renegade but opted for a second wrangler. This will be the first one I've seen lifted.
    LOL!! Well, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Christmas is kind of getting in the way right now

  5. #15
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,993
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Well, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Christmas is kind of getting in the way right now
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450411291.852746.jpg......
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

  6. #16

  7. #17
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    so these wheels will fit on a latitude no problem then right?

  8. #18
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    43,001
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqivet View Post
    so these wheels will fit on a latitude no problem then right?
    Being that I don't have a Latitude, I can't say for sure. What I know is that for 2015, the Trailhawk was supposed to come with front rotors that were about an inch wider in diameter than a Sport, Latitude or Limited. This was supposed to change in 2016 and ALL Renegades are to come with the same brakes.

    That being said, are you running 16" wheels now? If so, I would think you'd be fine. If not, measure your front rotors and if they're 11" in diameter, you will be fine. If they measure 12", you will have the same brakes that we have on our Trailhawk and you will need to run spacers to make the HHR wheels work.

  9. #19
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Being that I don't have a Latitude, I can't say for sure. What I know is that for 2015, the Trailhawk was supposed to come with front rotors that were about an inch wider in diameter than a Sport, Latitude or Limited. This was supposed to change in 2016 and ALL Renegades are to come with the same brakes.

    That being said, are you running 16" wheels now? If so, I would think you'd be fine. If not, measure your front rotors and if they're 11" in diameter, you will be fine. If they measure 12", you will have the same brakes that we have on our Trailhawk and you will need to run spacers to make the HHR wheels work.


    yep my 15 latitude has 12 inch fronts.

    do you think these will work seeing they dont have the second set of bolts to deal with?
    http://www.renegadeready.com/25mm-1-...els-_p_82.html

    jeep spac.jpg

  10. #20
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    43,001
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqivet View Post
    yep my 15 latitude has 12 inch fronts.

    do you think these will work seeing they dont have the second set of bolts to deal with?
    http://www.renegadeready.com/25mm-1-...els-_p_82.html

    jeep spac.jpg
    Personally, I would ONLY run a set of spacers that bolt up to the axles first and then the wheels to it. These look like they just get sandwiched in between the wheels and the axles and are held in place with longer lug bolts. To me, this would be a mistake.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS