Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Okay, finally got our new 1.25" wheel spacers in today and so I just ran out and did a quick test fit to see how things work out. Here's a shot of what the spacers look like.
    IMG_4691.jpg

Here are a few side by shot of what the 1.25" spacer looks next to a 1" spacer.
    IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

Now, here are a couple of shots to show the initial test fit of the new spacer. As you can see, the lug bolt sits beneath the mounting surface and solves the problem of running aftermarket wheels without a recess to clear the bolt heads.
    IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

Here are a few shots to show how the addition of a spacer helps to give a good fit and more importantly, helps to clear the brake caliper.
    IMG_4695.jpg

It's a tight fit but the addition of the wheel spacer does allow the caliper to clear the wheel and without having to do any grinding.
    IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

Finally, this shot will show how the extra .25" was all that was needed to allow the wheel to mount flush onto the spacer.
    IMG_4700.jpg

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get our lift installed let alone the new wheels and tires until next week at the soonest. More likely than not, later than that due to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Okay, finally got our new 1.25" wheel spacers in today and so I just ran out and did a quick test fit to see how things work out. Here's a shot of what the spacers look like.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get our lift installed let alone the new wheels and tires until next week at the soonest. More likely than not, later than that due to Christmas.
    Glad the spacers work out. I am really anxious to see how the tires look on it when it's done.

I think I want to see this lift and tires installed more than you do. Lol

We almost bought a renegade but opted for a second wrangler. This will be the first one I've seen lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by metalic View Post
    I think I want to see this lift and tires installed more than you do. Lol

We almost bought a renegade but opted for a second wrangler. This will be the first one I've seen lifted.
    LOL!! Well, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Christmas is kind of getting in the way right now

LOL!! Well, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Christmas is kind of getting in the way right now
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450411291.852746.jpg......
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Fresh Catch
    so these wheels will fit on a latitude no problem then right?

Quote Originally Posted by iraqivet View Post
    so these wheels will fit on a latitude no problem then right?
    Being that I don't have a Latitude, I can't say for sure. What I know is that for 2015, the Trailhawk was supposed to come with front rotors that were about an inch wider in diameter than a Sport, Latitude or Limited. This was supposed to change in 2016 and ALL Renegades are to come with the same brakes.

That being said, are you running 16" wheels now? If so, I would think you'd be fine. If not, measure your front rotors and if they're 11" in diameter, you will be fine. If they measure 12", you will have the same brakes that we have on our Trailhawk and you will need to run spacers to make the HHR wheels work.

Fresh Catch
    Being that I don't have a Latitude, I can't say for sure. What I know is that for 2015, the Trailhawk was supposed to come with front rotors that were about an inch wider in diameter than a Sport, Latitude or Limited. This was supposed to change in 2016 and ALL Renegades are to come with the same brakes.

That being said, are you running 16" wheels now? If so, I would think you'd be fine. If not, measure your front rotors and if they're 11" in diameter, you will be fine. If they measure 12", you will have the same brakes that we have on our Trailhawk and you will need to run spacers to make the HHR wheels work.

yep my 15 latitude has 12 inch fronts.

do you think these will work seeing they dont have the second set of bolts to deal with?
    http://www.renegadeready.com/25mm-1-...els-_p_82.html

jeep spac.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iraqivet View Post
    yep my 15 latitude has 12 inch fronts.

do you think these will work seeing they dont have the second set of bolts to deal with?
    http://www.renegadeready.com/25mm-1-...els-_p_82.html

jeep spac.jpg
    Personally, I would ONLY run a set of spacers that bolt up to the axles first and then the wheels to it. These look like they just get sandwiched in between the wheels and the axles and are held in place with longer lug bolts. To me, this would be a mistake.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast