Best at home car wash supplies

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Meguiars has some nice products.

Liquid glass if you want a nice polish easier than a wax. They also have a product for interior called liquid connoisseur.

Cali duster

Outlast for your flares and plastics.

Absorber for a chamois.

OR

I just run through the local wash and spray and scrub by hand at least once a year.:cheesy:

WJCO

Meme King
I just run through the local wash and spray and scrub by hand at least once a year.:cheesy:

That's where I'm at with the Jeep. I may throw a hand wax on once every couple of years when I'm out of money for new mods. Just because.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I never go thru a car wash. I always hand wash or when it's to cold I go to the local power wash place to get the salt off everything

WJCO

Meme King

That's where I'm at with the Jeep. I may throw a hand wax on once every couple of years when I'm out of money for new mods. Just because.

I never go thru a car wash. I always hand wash or when it's to cold I go to the local power wash place to get the salt off everything

Same here. Not drive through. I only do the power/pressure wash. I had a car as a teenager that got scratched from driving through one of those things. Won't do it again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Chemical Guys make a great variety of car cleaning and detailing products.

Is this you using some of their products on your Jeep? :D

main.php

cmireles

Wow, you guys make it sound like I wash my jeep way too often lol. Being in west Michigan, I try to power wash it at least once every 2 weeks or so and more especially in the winter.

That said, I typically hand wash it as much as I can and Meguiar's/turtle wax seem to do a good enough job for me.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I use "pro products" wash, polymer II paint sealer, and their leather loation. GREAT STUFF. I've been using it for over 6 years.

iRonin

I'm still trying to find a product that works well on the "chalky" film that all the limestone around Austin likes to leave behind on dash material. It's like I need to wash my interior with CLR or something...

Having said that, a few shining stars I have managed to find are readily available at AutoZone:
Meguiar's Ultimate Black is the bees knees for door handles, the hard top, plastic fenders (wife's jeep), and whatnot. Works really well for restoring faded black.
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer is a great exterior spray. AS the name implies it's not really for washing the entire car, but for quick touch ups like water run-off or dust. Works especially well on powder coated surfaces.
Invisible Glass is my now go-to for windshields and mirrors. I use the aerosol version and let it 'foam up' for a few seconds before wiping.

Top Bottom