Rear diff cover

NastyNate

Question I searched but can not find much info on the updated bombshell ....I destroyed by rear diff cover this weekend at hidden falls and can not get it to stop leaking ....does anyone have any experience with the new versions that just came out of the bombshell diff cover for the rear of the jk? I know the old ones would not clear the stock track bar . Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Question I searched but can not find much info on the updated bombshell ....I destroyed by rear diff cover this weekend at hidden falls and can not get it to stop leaking ....does anyone have any experience with the new versions that just came out of the bombshell diff cover for the rear of the jk? I know the old ones would not clear the stock track bar . Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Do you have any pics? Where is it leaking, from gasket, or from a crack? Is it bent? I would use some Flex Seal if you have to temporarily.

Don't know about the bomb shell but I bought ARB and would highly recommend. It will clear the stock TB as well as aftermarket.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm running the new bombshells front and rear with no clearance issues. Running stock suspension for the time being with just a teraflex leveling kit. Had the covers on before the leveling kit as well with no issue.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Awesome thank you !

Yeah no worries. If you go that route just make sure you actually get the new covers. From what I'm told/have read, there's still some old ones floating around which DO have fitment issues so just verify with whoever you go through.

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 184473
I peeled the bottom like a banana LOL SORRY crappy pic and I forgot to mention it in my previous post

that's pretty common issue, the stock rear diff cover hangs just enough below the axle that as you found out will catch and peel enough to leak.

you could hammer that section flat again then mark where it's flush with the axle and grind off that bottom portion that hangs below the axle.
rtv seal it and you should be good to wheel

Jeepfan30

I have been running the PS diff covers front and rear with enforcer lift, stock rear track bar with no issues at full flex. Is there a newer version than what I have? I bought mine about 1.5 years ago?

NastyNate

I have been running the PS diff covers front and rear with enforcer lift, stock rear track bar with no issues at full flex. Is there a newer version than what I have? I bought mine about 1.5 years ago?

just picked up the new part number bombshell ...will install this evening!

CCTX50

Looks good. No snapped bolts?

Funny you should say that. When I installed mine I researched on what to tighten them to to and had about a dozen answers. I don't remember what I went with but I had no issues and has been on for almost a year without issues.

Top Bottom