STEER SMARTS has been Removed from WAYALIFE

Compliant

Banned
If you don't drill out the knuckle wouldn't you end up with a skinny shaft on the ball joint? At least on top of the knuckle where the drag link makes contact?

CJW; Good question, the reverse taper top mount is stronger than the original joint. The no drill joint process has a large shoulder on the stud that contacts the knuckle face and a interference fit at the top of the factory drilled clearance hole. Plus we have a tapered sleeve that locks in the bottom of the stud to the factory reamed tapered hole. The stud was also induction heat treated to gain a good 30% added strength. Knuckle is stronger because you don;t have the lost material that everyone drills out. Overall, it's a very strong joint and easy to install.
Compliant

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
CJW; Good question, the reverse taper top mount is stronger than the original joint. The no drill joint process has a large shoulder on the stud that contacts the knuckle face and a interference fit at the top of the factory drilled clearance hole. Plus we have a tapered sleeve that locks in the bottom of the stud to the factory reamed tapered hole. The stud was also induction heat treated to gain a good 30% added strength. Knuckle is stronger because you don;t have the lost material that everyone drills out. Overall, it's a very strong joint and easy to install.
Compliant

Welcome to Wayalife! Do you happen to work for steer smart?

Compliant

Banned
Videos

Welcome to Wayalife! Do you happen to work for steer smart?

Yes, I'm Ron North, Director, Steer Smarts Brand. My handle is Compliant. Wayalife visited our booth at SEMA and posted some real nice pic's of our YETI display. Here are a few links to some new videos that we developed. Let me know if you have any questions regarding our products.
Compliant

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes, I'm Ron North, Director, Steer Smarts Brand. My handle is Compliant. Wayalife visited our booth at SEMA and posted some real nice pic's of our YETI display. Here are a few links to some new videos that we developed. Let me know if you have any questions regarding our products.
Compliant

Thank you for being up front about who you are. Shooting you a PM now.

CJW

2015 SEMA Steer Smarts YETI Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Components

Compliant

Thanks for the explanation. I'd be interested in seeing more detail on this. I'd like to see the shoulder design you're talking about. It sounds impressive if it's compensating for the joint shaft not to sheer off.

Compliant

Banned
Steer Smarts has been Removed from WAYALIFE

Jeeeep, can u post a picture of yours with the misalignment spacers please? Do you have a Synergy tie rod with Synergy ends?

Steer Smarts has a no flop tie rod and draglink.

Compliant

Last edited by a moderator:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Steer Smarts has a no flop tie rod and draglink.

Compliant

You know, when I met you guys at SEMA, you seemed really nice. After you signed up on my forum and started pimping, I tried being nice and asked that you not solicit here as it is AGAINST OUR RULES. Clearly, you're not interested or are incapable of following those rules and now I see that you're a freeloader whos only purpose to be here is to PIMP your steering components and on my dime. Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm done with you and you are out of here. I can't tell you how disappointed I am with you and your company. And really, I'm disappointed in myself that I have recommended your steering system to so many people. Well, no more.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please note, this is the PM that cozdude sent Steer Smart soon after they were first reported for pimping on the forum....

cozdude said:
Good Morning Ron,

Once again welcome to Wayalife! It looks like you have a great system. I just need to inform you of our rules of the forum though in case you missed it. In order to be a vendor on the forum you need to be a sponsor. Here is the verbiage right out of the FAQ

"CAN MANUFACTURERS OR VENDORS PARTICIPATE ON WAYALIFE.COM?
Manufacturers and vendors may only participate on WAYALIFE.com if they are a paying advertiser. Manufacturers and vendors found to be soliciting, discussing who they are or the goods and/or services they provide will have their account suspended."

I would ask that you please message Wayalife (Eddie) in regards to advertising. I hope you do cause myself (and I'm sure many others) are interesting in hearing more about it.

Thank you and have a great day,
-Steve

and this is the response he got...

Compliant said:
Sounds good, I'll contact Eddie and get the information regarding advertising. Currently a supporting member of the Jeep Wrangler Forum.
Thanks,
Compliant

So that it's clear, I NEVER heard from Compliant or should I say, not until he started PIMPING on the forum again today. Clearly, he is dishonest and not a company I will choose to do business with in the future or recommend again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck free loaders. Just throwing it out there

Seriously! You would think that WAYALIFE just magically appeared on the internet and for the benefit of vendors to pimp their goods like it's some kind of god given right :naw:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Seriously! You would think that WAYALIFE just magically appeared on the internet and for the benefit of vendors to pimp their goods like it's some kind of god given right :naw:

Seems to be a trend on being a free loader. Sad really.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Not cool..

Eddie, this is why I came to the Wayalife forum. You call them out and keep them honest.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Damn, and I was just mentioning in someone's build thread how beefy and nice their steering looked. It's a shame they couldn't just do the right thing, follow the rules, and either stop posting or register as a paying sponsor.

Top Bottom