Thread: Jeep would not start

Caught the Bug

Jeep would not start

So leaving my 3rd shift job this morning my jeep would turn over then shut off after a few seconds. After a few failed attempts I was forced to google the situation. I noticed a red light above the temp gauge on dash and found an article stating that the key possibly wasn't communicating with the computer to lift hood and pull a white "ignition" fuse that was rather large. Thought what more do I have to loose!!!.....pulled it up waiting roughly 10 seconds and reinserted....turned ignition over and...boom... Jeep started and stayed running...no other issues. I have never heard of this before and have never had such a issue with any other vehicles. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Have you ever had this issue and if so, could you explain what may have caused this? Thanks

I've had one of my 2 key no longer be recognized by my Jeep and while it would open the doors and get the dash lights on, my Jeep wouldn't start. I ended up needing to go to the dealership to have my key synced with my jeep again. Glad to hear you were able to fix your problem just by pulling a fuse.

For future reference, could you post up a pic or the number of the fuse you pulled?

Caught the Bug
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456503923.524241.jpgpulled up then reset the one labeled ignition off draw!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAMF'nJKU View Post
    pulled up then reset the one labeled ignition off draw!
    Thanks! I appreciate the info

Caught the Bug
    Your welcome!