California Wheelin' Adventure Build

Hey all,

My fiance and I bought our 2015 JEEP Wrangler JK together in order to explore and get away from the stresses of school, work, and just life in general. We both love the outdoors, camping, shooting and OFF-ROADING! Our JEEP was brought into the family to be used for what it was intended to do... Wheel.

Our build will be somewhat mellow compared to the monster builds that we see here, however, it is in no way going to be used mainly for trips to the mall.

Day we bought it...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457204169.161146.jpg

-2015 JEEP Wrangler Sport
-2 Door
-Manual Transmission
-Hard Top

Suspension...
-2.5" Puck lift on 13/55 springs with shock extensions - REMOVED
-19/60 Springs + Rubicon Shocks (Gained 1.5" of lift based on the measuring techniques found on this forum) - REMOVED
-2" Old Man Emu Light Duty springs
-Rancho 9000XL front shocks and 5000X rear

Wheels and Tires...
-15"/8" Level 8 Tracker wheels
-33"/12.5" Goodyear MT/R

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457204268.455798.jpg
Electrical...
-4' Firestik Antenna
-Cobra CB Radio
-50" light bar - REMOVED
-Two 4" pods mounted to the base of the A-pillar
-LED headlights

Misc...
-Teraflex tailgate hinge (I know... I know... But it's working great so far)
-48" Hi-Lift Jack

Stuff for adventures...
-Gobi Stealth Roof Rack
-Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized Roof Top Tent (RTT)
-Extensive tool kit
-Gator Machete
-Collapsible shovel (until we can get a mount and Krazy Beaver Tools shovel)
-Propane powered portable firepit
-CampChef camp stove
-Fire Extinguisher mounted to the rear roll bar
-9mm Beretta and .40 Springfield XD40 ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457204357.467495.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

Awesome! I love the plate! I too have a very mild build. It's all about what you wanna use it for :)

Awesome! I love the plate! I too have a very mild build. It's all about what you wanna use it for :)

Exactly. But it is nice when your rig can do a little bit of everything ;) did find out the hard way that manual transmissions aren't a huge fan of the mud though...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457211613.887993.jpg

Poser shot before the plate. Haha

Napalm

Exactly. But it is nice when your rig can do a little bit of everything ;) did find out the hard way that manual transmissions aren't a huge fan of the mud though...

Poser shot before the plate. Haha

Great picture :)

Yeah my first 2 JKs were 6spds. While it is incredibly fun to drive and all and all a more integrated experience, I've came over to the auto side mostly due to my wife also wanting to drive the JKU.

Tell me the secret! I can't get the wife to work on the Jeep with me! LoL!

Haha. She got a good laugh when I read her that! She just said, "make sure she's not cold, tired, or hungry."

Those are the most real words ever spoken. I got a little too anxious and tried to start putting the rack on late last night. It didn't go well...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I like that you've already chopped the fenders and scrapped the rear "bumper". It's starting to come together now, especially with that rack. Make sure you post up some pics of your adventures too! Have you hit any of the big spots (Rubicon, etc) yet?

I like that you've already chopped the fenders and scrapped the rear "bumper". It's starting to come together now, especially with that rack. Make sure you post up some pics of your adventures too! Have you hit any of the big spots (Rubicon, etc) yet?

No real big spots yet. I can't wait to do the Rubicon though! I go to a lot of the SoCal spots accessible from LA. I like Cleghorn, Frazier Park (which is super fun after a huge rain! Gets pretty torn up) Hungry Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and Holy Jim is pretty fun. I need to get more time off from work to really do those big spots :/

H ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457832519.542829.jpg

Haven't been able to get a really good picture yet, but the Gobi rack is AWESOME! Haven't gotten around to installing the rear bumper again, but am I weird for actually kinda liking it off like this? Anyone know the legality of it being off in California?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
H View attachment 192498

Haven't been able to get a really good picture yet, but the Gobi rack is AWESOME! Haven't gotten around to installing the rear bumper again, but am I weird for actually kinda liking it off like this? Anyone know the legality of it being off in California?

Not weird at all. Plenty of guys here in Cali running bumperless. It's just something to rub on the wheels anyway IMO. If you want to clean up the look of the rear frame rail, Evo Mfg makes a simple cheap cover for it that makes it look more like a bumper if you want to check that out.

Jk909

This is my first time seeing this thread. Awesome build so far. Where did you get the tent?

Did it make your rig top heavy?

It's a pretty heavy set up, so yeah I'm sure it did. But honestly it rides better now because my springs were a little too stiff without the weight. We will see how much it affects the crawling. But my girl is super excited about camping now, so the trade off will be worth it in my opinion

Top Bottom