Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 648

Thread: Cut Fender Thread

  1. #401
    Nothing but a Thing highoctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    1,921
    I cut mine freehand with a Dremel. Could look better by cleaning up the cuts. Dremel melts the plastic and leaves a rough cut. Whats the tip to getting the door edge trim to stick? For the life of me, I couldn't get it to stick on mine. Used it on my '08 JK with no problems though. Stuff flew off on the highway. Looked good with the door edge trim, but in the one pic you can see how the rough cut looks like crap.


    Attachment 215200

    IMG_5715.jpg

    IMG_5702.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers


    Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi




  2. #402
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Are those 33s with no changes to suspension? I have a 2.5 BB installed and don't want to look like a roller skate if I trim my fenders and still have 33s.
    I have the EVO leveling kit in both pics, if that helps. I was also running 1.5" Spidertrax (now for sale in the proper section here on WAL). The 33's looked ok to me and better with the wider stance. Of course the 35's are completely better.

    Quote Originally Posted by FLKEYSJK View Post
    Nice! The 35s look great🏻
    Thanks! Loving them!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  3. #403
    Hooked
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    I cut mine freehand with a Dremel. Could look better by cleaning up the cuts. Dremel melts the plastic and leaves a rough cut. Whats the tip to getting the door edge trim to stick? For the life of me, I couldn't get it to stick on mine. Used it on my '08 JK with no problems though. Stuff flew off on the highway. Looked good with the door edge trim, but in the one pic you can see how the rough cut looks like crap.


    Attachment 215200

    IMG_5715.jpg

    IMG_5702.jpg
    Nice rig,i used adhesive I bought at AutoZone or kragen auto parts don't remember. It's a clear adhesive ran a bead under the fender between trim and plastic fender use your finger. Also ran adhesive between fender and the structural plastic where fender rest's hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #404
    Nothing but a Thing highoctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by tiecka533 View Post
    Nice rig,i used adhesive I bought at AutoZone or kragen auto parts don't remember. It's a clear adhesive ran a bead under the fender between trim and plastic fender use your finger. Also ran adhesive between fender and the structural plastic where fender rest's hope that helps.
    Thanks. Autozone is where I bought the door edge trim. I didn't use any extra adhesive on it though, just heated up the existing glue that is inside of the door edge trim. I'll have to try something like that.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers


    Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi




  5. #405
    Knows a Thing or Two FLKEYSJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Thanks. Autozone is where I bought the door edge trim. I didn't use any extra adhesive on it though, just heated up the existing glue that is inside of the door edge trim. I'll have to try something like that.
    Just don't buy the cheap stuff from Amazon because as soon as the temps hit 90+ it starts to melt the glue and fall off.....I'm in the process of removing mine

  6. #406
    Hooked
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by FLKEYSJK View Post
    Just don't buy the cheap stuff from Amazon because as soon as the temps hit 90+ it starts to melt the glue and fall off.....I'm in the process of removing mine
    Live in the desert,had cut fenders since 2010 never had a problem .(gets over 110 almost every day in the summer,trim don't come loose.

  7. #407
    Knows a Thing or Two FLKEYSJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by tiecka533 View Post
    Live in the desert,had cut fenders since 2010 never had a problem .(gets over 110 almost every day in the summer,trim don't come loose.
    Which brand did you buy? I bought the no name brand on Amazon and haven't had much luck with them staying on.

  8. #408
    Hooked
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by FLKEYSJK View Post
    Which brand did you buy? I bought the no name brand on Amazon and haven't had much luck with them staying on.
    Goop (amazing goop,cant go wrong) go a few posts back I posted a picture of it

  9. #409
    Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,996
    The only thing I'm not happy with is this area next to the grill ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469968398.442528.jpg
    I'm either going to paint it black or cut that piece off. I've seen some cut off and other that didn't. Mine isn't attached to anything for now. Thoughts anyone ?

  10. #410
    Knows a Thing or Two JKU EXTREME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harlingen, Texas
    Posts
    565
    I saw a fender that was cut super thin and I fell in love with it, so I did it. Since I didn't have a dremel I used and angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. Hey! It worked. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469973775.685747.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469973790.829323.jpg

Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS