Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIDEO : RUBICAT Rocking Up Upchuck with Cooper STT Pros

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnAnvil View Post
    I attempted to mount a set of the new STT Pros on my ATX Slabs, but found the bead to be quite a bit thicker than the TrailGrapplers. I couldn't get the lock ring to sit flush on the wheel (coning). Did you need to use spacers or some other trick? Disclaimer: It is highly probable that it was the shortcomings of the installer and not that of the tire which created my issue.
    You really need a second set of hands to help you out. Essentially, a 3rd screw driver to hold the seated bead in place while you work the rest of it in. There's nothing about this that's easy but it can be done.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. If I'm understanding it better now and what I can tell you is that what you are seeing is totally normal for most every other bead lock wheel out there. That being said, we just torqued the bolts down, waited a bit and then re-torqued them, waited a bit and the re-torqued them again until they got down sitting flush and they did eventually get there but the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    You really need a second set of hands to help you out. Essentially, a 3rd screw driver to hold the seated bead in place while you work the rest of it in. There's nothing about this that's easy but it can be done.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. If I'm understanding it better now and what I can tell you is that what you are seeing is totally normal for most every other bead lock wheel out there. That being said, we just torqued the bolts down, waited a bit and then re-torqued them, waited a bit and the re-torqued them again until they got down sitting flush and they did eventually get there but the following day.
    You're on the mark. After mounting the first tire I mistakenly concluded I would either need to machine some spacers or just exchange the tires for another brand. I opted for the latter but wish I would have seen this before. Not that the TrailGrapplers are a bad tire (this is my second set), I just heard glowing reviews and was looking forward to testing out the STTs. I'll be a little more persistent next time.

Been Around the Block HoosierWolf's Avatar
    Rubicat and Cindy making obstacles I cannot hope to get up look easier than parallel parking LOL
    Last edited by HoosierWolf; 09-22-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Made that look like it was just a little curb.

Nothing but a Thing 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! No joke, these new Cooper STT Pros really hook up on the rocks. Cindy is a good driver but we've seen other good drivers spin their tires all the way up. Now, if they only made these in a 40!
    Cindy is a great driver. If only I can get my wife to wheel. She is super afraid.
    She made it look like it was a breeze. Can't wait to get the stt pros

Nice video I love how easy Cindy made it look aha.

Sweeeeet!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234