drive shafts interchangeable?

StrizzyChris

Found a used JE Reel ftont cv 1350 drive shaft for sale. My question is...does it matter what transmission or year JK you have or are they all interchangeable? This was for an 08 manual and I'll be using it on a 13' auto.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Found a used JE Reel ftont cv 1350 drive shaft for sale. My question is...does it matter what transmission or year JK you have or are they all interchangeable? This was for an 08 manual and I'll be using it on a 13' auto.

Different length, years and auto's or stick matter. It will be to short

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It "might" matter. A manual will have the T-case sitting a little further back than an auto. This would in essence mean that the front drive shaft would be a bit longer but, depending on how much slip there is in the shaft, you might be fine. I would contact JE Reel and ask him just to make sure. Every drive shaft company does things a bit differently and it'd be better to be safe than sorry. Of course, depending on how used it is or how good of a deal you're getting, you may need to get it rebuilt anyway and could always have it shortend at the same time if needed.

Gibbo

When ordering from JE Reel it does stipulate manual or auto. The shafts also fit JKs with 0-6"of lift, so maybe if your not on one of these limits, it might fit. probably better to phone and ask.:)

Zstairlessone

I thought that's why they had that gap the Rubicrawler fit into after the auto - to make the driveshafts the same in both auto and man. See I just learned something new.

Top Bottom