Jeep truck consumer focus group at Jeep Safari

Erockhopper

While I was looking over the concept jeeps at the Safari in Moab this weekend we were approached and asked if we would be willing to give feed back regarding a Jeep Truck. I happily agreed. We went off site and were asked several questions on our thoughts of what of the items listed we would consider as an option if we were purchasing a Jeep Truck. The items were

1. Bed rail armor
2. Centrally located winch
3 Self regulating tire pressure, with ability to air down
4 On board air
5 Removable blue tooth speaker
6 tailgate storage compartment
7 Three position tailgate (up, down and 45 degrees)
8 center mounted clearance camera

After they explained each item, they asked us to pick one of the options we would most likely buy. After that we had to give a price for each item of what we would expect to pay. We then were asked to provide on a scale of how likely we would be to purchase any of the items. Finally we were asked for any comments.

I thought it was a no brainier on the one item I would prefer. I picked #2. I placed 1, 4 and 7 as other interested options, with the rest at little interest. My final comment was please make a jeep truck!

Curious what others would have said or did say.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's so cool that you were picked to be a part of that survey. Because I'm "in the industry", I'm not allowed to partake in them :rolleyes2:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Option 2 would be great to have right off the lot. 3 and 4 would be great for the lazy man in me. Imagine not having to get out of your rig for anything. Lol

Erockhopper

That's so cool that you were picked to be a part of that survey. Because I'm "in the industry", I'm not allowed to partake in them :rolleyes2:

I'm glad I did, I was a pretty easy target sitting in the crew chief grinning from ear to ear while making motor noises and moving the steering wheel back and forth! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459205063.023301.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Am I the only one that wouldn't pick any of them? They would jack the price up for something I wouldn't want or use.

Option 9: four doors and a 6 foot bed.

Exodus 4x4

I think they just should leave trucks to the guys that already make them and stick to what they do best. Personally if I was in the market for a truck, I don't think they'd bring anything to the table for me that I couldn't already get from one of the other manufacturers.

GraniteCrystal

I think they just should leave trucks to the guys that already make them and stick to what they do best. Personally if I was in the market for a truck, I don't think they'd bring anything to the table for me that I couldn't already get from one of the other manufacturers.

Is there a truck you think can match a stock Rubicon in offroad prowess straight off the lot? My friend had a Tundra and loved it. Curious what your thoughts are.

Exodus 4x4

Is there a truck you think can match a stock Rubicon in offroad prowess straight off the lot? My friend had a Tundra and loved it. Curious what your thoughts are.

Not really, but I think if they make a truck it's not going to be as capable straight off the lot as a stock Rubicon either. Maybe they can pull it off for some people, but for what I would need it for they'll never be able to wrap everything up into one package. I think I'll always have to have a jeep and a truck.

crowrb29

If they could make something the size of a Tacoma but have it optioned up like a Power Wagon that would be pretty legit. The Power Wagon seems pretty capable but it's pretty damn big. If they make a jeep truck it definitely should be on the smaller side of the truck scale.

Wethy

To the OP I would go with #2 .

To Granite the Power wagon with its rear locker and articulink disconnect, raptor, and the Toyota Tacoma TRD pro package(rear locker 1" lift and 2.5" fox shocks) would probly be the closest in trucks. As the raptor and Tacoma are marketed as "offroad" trucks and the power wagon has similar features as a rubicon. But their sheer size and approach and departure angles couldn't touch a wrangler unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom