Thread: 35 Spline Vs 30 Spline axles?

35 Spline Vs 30 Spline axles?

So my question is 35 Spline Vs 30 Spline axles? My rig is a daily driver weekend crawler any advise.

Bigger is better and 35 splines will be a stronger shaft than 30. That being said, you will need a carrier or locker that is made to accommodate it.

If you have plans to change your carrier and I'm assuming gears as well then it would be time to step up to 35 spline. But this is a expensive endeavor for a "weekend crawler". I think you need to calculate the cost of replacing your carrier and axles and see if your amount of "crawling" justifies the expense.