Cooper STT Pros in snow

Brianmly

Looking at getting a set of STT Pros in the next couple of weeks....I have searched the forum (I may have missed it) but I am looking for reports with how they do in the snow/ice.....I know that no M/T is perfect but when I saw that they have a little bit if siping it has given me a little hope over KM2 's.

Ddays

Hooked
I got stranded in the snowstorm two weeks ago in Cheyenne, Wyoming trying to get to Moab. I had zero traction issues whatsoever. Did well in the wet slippery snow and when the temp dropped into the 20's in the drier snow had no problems there either.

Brianmly

Perfect....Thanks for the info. I spend at least one day a week up in the mountains here and then it is my DD.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Granted, this video was done with our Renegade but it's running Cooper STT Pro's and we found them to work outstanding in the snow.

WJCO

Meme King
I got stranded in the snowstorm two weeks ago in Cheyenne, Wyoming trying to get to Moab. I had zero traction issues whatsoever. Did well in the wet slippery snow and when the temp dropped into the 20's in the drier snow had no problems there either.

Any experience braking on packed snow with them? That's by biggest concern. I'm still planning on getting them. Hopefully soon too.

Ddays

Hooked
Any experience braking on packed snow with them? That's by biggest concern. I'm still planning on getting them. Hopefully soon too.

Nope, I didn't have issues braking. Now I wasn't driving in snow like Eddie did in his video, but in the snow I was in they were just fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

We did a bunch of tests starting and stopping on packed snow and even ice and found them to be without question, the BEST performing mud terrain on these surfaces bar none. We did take some video of this but decided to shelve it due to the fact that it's spring now.

WJCO

Meme King
good to hear. cant wait to get these. just have to pay off my cc with all the steering attentuators that i bought

Labricon

Caught the Bug
How are the STT Pros in rain...any hydroplaning issues? I seem to recall member stating this was an issue in another thread but can't seem to find it to quote here as a reference.

How are the STT Pros in rain...any hydroplaning issues? I seem to recall member stating this was an issue in another thread but can't seem to find it to quote here as a reference.

I've only had them break loose on me once so far in the rain and I was making a turn (not from a stop) and got on it and they started to slip a little. Just about any tire would have in those conditions.

Top Bottom