Buy or Wait Advice

alf1096

I have an 07 unlimited that has 35s and regeared to 5.13. On the freeway it still sucks to drive and it has no power. I am getting the itch for more power. Would you buy a newer engine jk or wait and see what the new jeep engine options bring.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming you have an automatic, did you make sure to properly recalibrate your speedometer after having the gears installed?

alf1096

I do have an automatic. I also have a superchip. I don't see why it needs recalibration for gears. I could see why for the tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do have an automatic. I also have a superchip. I don't see why it needs recalibration for gears. I could see why for the tires.

Well, you probably can't see the need because you haven't tried it. You should because your shift points are off and if you look, you will see that your Superchips give you the option to set your tire size AND gear ratio.

alf1096

I have not posted here much was active back in the day on another forum. I Got my jeep where I wanted it and quit postingYes it has been programmed for gears and tires.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If you've got everything calibrated, and don't have enough power, do what Eddie did to Moby. Get an LS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you've got everything calibrated, and don't have enough power, do what Eddie did to Moby. Get an LS

LOL!! I was pushing 40's with a 3.8L and for years before we finally decided it was time for an LS. Back when we were running 35's, I thought I had tons of power with 5.13's. :crazyeyes:

alf1096

LOL!! I was pushing 40's with a 3.8L and for years before we finally decided it was time for an LS. Back when we were running 35's, I thought I had tons of power with 5.13's. :crazyeyes:

You running a stick it auto. It does fine in flat ground but it struggles on any kind of hill.

Moochie

You running a stick it auto. It does fine in flat ground but it struggles on any kind of hill.

My automatic 3.8 with 5:13's, running 37's, was more than capable. The only time I felt the need for more power was when trying to pass someone or climbing long grades. If not for the fact that it became addicted to using oil, I would still be OK with it.

Top Bottom