PS JKU Frame Mounted Ricochet Rockers

japatton

Does anyone here have any experience or opinions on these rockers? I think they are relatively new. I'm rocket shopping and need something strong, but with a functional step without "looking" like a step. I like the boat side styles, but am afraid that I won't be able to wash all of the South Dakota winter salt out of them. These look very accessible with a power washer and plenty strong. Thoughts?

Ddays

Hooked
They look like bolt ons. Can you weld them on as well?

Attachments

• 18-08-040-2.jpg
    18-08-040-2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 206

Ddays

Hooked
Weld on is definitely the way to go. I don't know much about the PS ones. I do know that if you want some kind of step you can get the EVO versions with a flatter angle on the mounts so they act as a step. Several people run them on here - Cozdude does for sure - and several suppliers stock them that way...

japatton

Weld on is definitely the way to go. I don't know much about the PS ones. I do know that if you want some kind of step you can get the EVO versions with a flatter angle on the mounts so they act as a step. Several people run them on here - Cozdude does for sure - and several suppliers stock them that way...

I'll check those out.

swampdog

you can also get the LOD sliders that have a step and will take a beating

^^^^^This. They look like the ones you posted, are unbelievably strong, and are frame mounted. I bolted them on and decided I liked them so much I would never take them off so went ahead and welded to the frame. Great mod.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Those are the DO IT YOURSELF sliders from poison Spyder you buy the kit and weld them onto your factory rubicon sliders it's a step and some added protection but the mounting doesn't change so for really hitting hard on rocks it's not the best choice I already looked into it for my jeep.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Never mind that set is a little different but they have the DIY kit that's the same thing but just uses the rubi sliders

japatton

They are made in China. That's all you need to know.

Huh... I wasn't aware of that. I assumed that PS was all manufactured here. If true, they're off the list. I'm going to check out the LOD sliders that were mentioned. I checked out the EVO sliders on Cozdude's JK. Nice ride!! From the looks of the pic, those sliders appear to be mounted under the body, next to the frame. I can't tell very well, but it doesn't look like they provide much of a step. I have an elderly father who rides in the Jeep once in a while and a step would make things easier for him.

japatton

I found a better pic of the EVO sliders. They are back on the list!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467345481.547740.jpg

I do have a question about welding the sliders on, since it's rather permanent. Would there be any reason to take them off to perform any maintenance or interfere with future mods, I.e. Skids or a belly pan?

Top Bottom