Are C Gussets needed on a 44 with 35s?

LarryG

I think my wife will have to get another job! Brand new '16 Rubi, and I find replacing brand new stuff crazy! Anyway, do I need to weld gussets on the 44? Running 35s.

Thanks for the help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"Need"? No. Depending on how you drive and the kind of trails you run, you should be "okay" as is. Could it be "helpful" to have? Sure. It doesn't take much to bend the end forgings and gussets will help prevent that from happening.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It's a good idea to help lengthen the life of your front 44.

"Needed" is realitive to how hard and often you wheel.

JEEPnGEO

If you get them weld slow and take your time. Don't cook your ball joints. Unless you want to get a nice set of aftermarket ones from the get-go

LarryG

Too funny-NOT! LOL.

This may be a mistake! I am very anal, having built airplanes, raced cars and motocross, bunches of jumps from flying things- I always build in contingencies....just how I roll. Now, retired....not sure this sport/entertainment is a good fit!,,, Just kidding- Sherri has three jobs....what's one more, right? Thanks guys!

USMC Wrangler

I have the Dana turdy and happen to have a welder. I added c-gussets before I experienced a bent c. In other words, with pretty low mileage. Took my time and so far my stock ball joints are fine.

Like Eddie said you don't need them but I will put them on before I go to 35's. Think of them like mags on the airplanes you built. You only need 1 but it sure is nice knowing there's 2 up there.

Top Bottom