Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

I think he replied to the wrong forum

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

They come in threes..... One more to go.

So I’ve read most of this thread and have a quick question. RE: Caster; Given 6 degrees of separation on a stock set up with 4.2 + being optimal and 10 degrees of separation on a PR44 Unlimited with 6.0 + being optimal does the inclusion of geometry correction brackets with the PR44 Unlimited result in taking optimum caster back to factory spec of 4.2 +?

Quote Originally Posted by Basscat View Post
    So I’ve read most of this thread and have a quick question. RE: Caster; Given 6 degrees of separation on a stock set up with 4.2 + being optimal and 10 degrees of separation on a PR44 Unlimited with 6.0 + being optimal does the inclusion of geometry correction brackets with the PR44 Unlimited result in taking optimum caster back to factory spec of 4.2 +?

It could. But most likely it would increase the caster more that what the PR has. Some of the brackets have multiple holes for caster adjustment. If the arm is a fixed length, moving it directly down in a geometry correction bracket, will twist the axle increasing the caster. However if the bracket hole isn't directly under the OEM mount hole and it's further back to accommodate the length of the arm, the caster could stay the same. To the best of my knowledge, the bracket is more designed to bring the lower arms more parallel with the road rather than deal with caster.

The difference of axle separation really isn't all that important if you just want to know what your caster angle is. Caster can still be measured on either axle whether you have brackets or not.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Appreciate the quick input. Was thinking similarly. It’s an AEV correction bracket (part of a 3.5” lift) on a 2013 JKU I got for my son. Adjustable front uppers are included. Would prefer to take correction brackets out and go with 6+ caster on the PR44 Unlimited but was curious if I left the brackets in would I then need to target 4+ on caster.

Fresh Catch

Front end align

Awesome write up,just purchased a 2013 jeep kj sahara for 30k. Whole front end needed replaced. I followed each step as close to the letter as possible and it rolls like a champ. Thanks from a veteran.

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar
    This right here...
    Just another reason WAL sits at the top, great info. Just finished the flip kit for the EVO stage 1 last night and will be reading this again. Thanks Eddie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know, old post. But I joined today to find this information. Great info! Thanks for putting that concise information on alignment. I just installed a Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger. This is going to help me. Thanks again.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425