Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Pentastar View Post
    Thanks, here in Australia the tyres aren't allowed out of the guards so don't want it to be too obvious but that doesn't look like it sticks out so far that its instantly noticable.
    We have the same problem in a lot of states here in America. With these spacers, the tires really aren't out enough to draw any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJeep4412 View Post
    This is just what I needed!! Thanks Eddie!

1.5" here I come lol
    Being that you have an XJ, you could probably get away with a 1" spacer if so desired.

Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    We have the same problem in a lot of states here in America. With these spacers, the tires really aren't out enough to draw any attention.

Being that you have an XJ, you could probably get away with a 1" spacer if so desired.
    I will take that into consideration. Thanks!

As always excellent write up with photos.

Not only do I like my stock wheels I like my stock tires too.
    Just went up to Bakersfield today to buy 100 mile old Rubicon tires from somebody upgrading.
    Thanks for the tip, Noah!

I have been somewhat conflicted about a wheel and tire combo to go with a planned 2 1/2" lift. I've settled on a modest 285x70x17 and have been trying to select a good wheel. I like the stockers on my 2012 Rubi but felt they were a tad narrow. Wrong-o!! Spidertrax will fit the bill and the bills in my wallet. Settled. Thanks Eddie!
    Embrace the Recoil!

Been Around the Block ShinDiggity's Avatar
    Noob question... Spidertrax has the 1.5" and a 1.75" wheel spacer available. I have a 3" lift with 33" tires. Can I do the 1.75" spacer for a wider look and still be safe?
    2011 Cosmos Blue JKU Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ShinDiggity View Post
    Noob question... Spidertrax has the 1.5" and a 1.75" wheel spacer available. I have a 3" lift with 33" tires. Can I do the 1.75" spacer for a wider look and still be safe?
    What is the back spacing of your current wheel?

Fresh Catch

Quote Originally Posted by njh0603 View Post
    For those of you looking for a torque wrench. I will recommend this digital adapter that connects to your standard socket wrench and includes adapters to accommodate 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 drive. A harbor freight find made by Pittsburg ~ think it was like $30.
    That's exactly what I've been using, and for this type of application, it is perfect..... (high-ish torque values and lots of space to use it).

Spider-trax ready to be installed next weekend, thanks again for another great DIY

Been Around the Block ShinDiggity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atch View Post
    What is the back spacing of your current wheel?
    You know, I have no idea... i bought the jeep the way it was and I am not much of a techy yet.
    2011 Cosmos Blue JKU Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ShinDiggity View Post
    You know, I have no idea... i bought the jeep the way it was and I am not much of a techy yet.
    Are they the stock wheels? If they are there shouldn't be a problem with running the larger spidertrax

Knows a Thing or Two kaptkrappy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentastar View Post
    Do you have any pics of how far out the stock wheels will be past the factory flares using these spacers?

Here's mine with 1.5" spacers and stock 17" wheels and the original Goodyear 255/75/17's S-RA's

Before
    Before 1.jpg

After
    After 1.jpg

You can even see the left rear tire just barely sticking out of the rear flare in the after pic.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast