Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emma's Skin Rejuvenation Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Welcome to WAL.
    I totally love the videos though. Lol. So sick of folks just trying to pimp their shit!
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by Commandog View Post
    First post from a lurker. Eddie do you know about the JCCA 50th Anniversary meet next year in Moab?
    I am aware of it and while I would love to attend, I don't think I could make it nor do I think I'd want to take Emma out to Moab in her current state.

Still lurking

I just came to the thread because of the deceivingly awesome title. Body work is looking solid
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I just came to the thread because of the deceivingly awesome title. Body work is looking solid
    LOL!! Glad to see you around, glad you liked the title and glad you approve of the body work

Acupuncture Therapy
    Well before there were guys with Jeep JK Wranglers who inadvertently allowed their doors to fly open and put a nice dimple in cowl, there were guys who owned C101 Jeepster Commandos who did the exact same thing. Granted, the Commandos did come with built in mechanical door straps but time would take their toll on them and they would break and well, you know the rest. Unfortunately, Emma was no exception to the rule and both sides of her cowl had pretty good dents put into them and unfortunately, getting in from behind to tap them out is near impossible. Needless to say, a little acupuncture therapy was needed to help rid her of her dimples.

The dimple on the passenger side cowl wasn't too bad but was still deep enough that I wanted to have it pulled out.

On the driver side, it was pretty clear that Emma not only had her cowl hit hard in the past, it had been repaired once before and then hit again or maybe even a few times since.

Chipping away at the old bondo reveled the original dent was pretty deep.

Foundation can be good to help hide wrinkles but it should never really be laid on this thick.

Cleaning up the paint on the passenger side to give me a good clean surface to work with.

Applying stud welds to the affected area.

Using a slide hammer to carefully tap the surface back out, the results are looking good.

After applying a little skin cream, smoothing things out and applying a bit of base makeup, here's what her cowls look like now.

Here's a shot of both the repaired fender and cowl on the passenger side.

I apologize for not documenting more than I have but I hope this helps give a taste of the things I've been working on.

Wow you're pretty handy with body work. Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    Wow you're pretty handy with body work. Looking good
    Thanks! It's been a while since I've done body work so I'm a little rusty (no pun intended) but it's fun.

Wow. Impressive. Never seen those before. Cool trick.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing Overland_stormtrooper's Avatar
    nicely done for sure ... from someone who has done a bit of bodywork when I was a bit younger than I am today .. now I just don't have the patience for it ...

Thanks guys! Definitely takes a lot of patients and it's the reason why I'm just do a bit here and there at a time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast