Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Drool...

Awesome kit you have there my friend! . Thanks for posting this gives us something to work towards.

Of course if you have room for a trail vice, I highly recommend it.

1473097798219.jpg

-
    This is awesome!! I carry way too much stuff!! After shrinking my stuff to run the Rubicon with you guys, and then seeing what some had, I've wanted to dive in and evaluate my gear again. I want to get rid of tools that won't fit or I may have too many. I want to re evaluate my liquids bag again too. I've even second thought my "Sharky shelf" and thought about one like yours. I've since gone back to my "sharkey shelf" and bag idea. Subscribed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    Drool...

Awesome kit you have there my friend! . Thanks for posting this gives us something to work towards.
    Thanks!! Honestly I think I carry too many unneeded tools. I need to put my kit on a diet so I have more room for essentials like Vodka and Tonic water. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenkid View Post
    This is awesome!! I carry way too much stuff!! After shrinking my stuff to run the Rubicon with you guys, and then seeing what some had, I've wanted to dive in and evaluate my gear again. I want to get rid of tools that won't fit or I may have too many. I want to re evaluate my liquids bag again too. I've even second thought my "Sharky shelf" and thought about one like yours. I've since gone back to my "sharkey shelf" and bag idea. Subscribed!!!
    That's awesome. I'm hoping this thread sparks some ideas of what and how to carry tools and fluids in our rigs.

Would love to see some pics if your Sharkey shelf.

Looks like I'm covered for 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets extensions and ratchets. These standard and metric sizes pretty much cover my Jeep drive line and suspension. I was able to eliminate about 10 lbs of sockets by removing duplicates.

1473099616319.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Thanks!! Honestly I think I carry too many unneeded tools. I need to put my kit on a diet so I have more room for essentials like Vodka and Tonic water. Lol
    Lol! I can't argue that, YOU should never run out of vodka and tonic water! Best vodka tonics EVER!!! Yummy!

Nice setup. Are those the 40 mm ammo cans? Look perfect for fluids

All of mine goes in either the ARB Drawer, the orange ARB recovery bag or in the glove box shock tuning kit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473099947.644697.jpg

Glove box tools (winch controller goes in center console)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473099992.415497.jpg

Recovery bag gear.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100035.119197.jpg

ARB main drawer.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100062.999572.jpg

2x Mastercraft bags with small spare parts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100106.793531.jpg

Some of the hand tools.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100170.037125.jpg

Milwaukee 18v tools.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100209.823620.jpg

ARB Drawer has two side compartments meant to open up from rear but it doesn't work well in practice. Instead I drop the back seats to access from the front. Mastercraft canvas bags fit vertically in the space.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100321.570547.jpg

In each side tunnel fits a gallon of coolant and a Mastercraft bag with 6 quarts standing vertically nicely.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100394.233867.jpg

And all together.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473100410.241962.jpg
    2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

That's like apocalypse proof. Can't believe you can fit all of that.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast