Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    Nice setup. Are those the 40 mm ammo cans? Look perfect for fluids
    They do work great for fluids. I'm not sure what was in them. The stencil says inert projectile.

1473101350460.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    All of mine goes in either the ARB Drawer, the orange ARB recovery bag or in the glove box shock tuning kit.

Attachment 221348

Glove box tools (winch controller goes in center console)

Attachment 221349

Recovery bag gear.

Attachment 221350

ARB main drawer.

Attachment 221351

2x Mastercraft bags with small spare parts.

Attachment 221352

Some of the hand tools.

Attachment 221353

Milwaukee 18v tools.

Attachment 221354

ARB Drawer has two side compartments meant to open up from rear but it doesn't work well in practice. Instead I drop the back seats to access from the front. Mastercraft canvas bags fit vertically in the space.

Attachment 221355

In each side tunnel fits a gallon of coolant and a Mastercraft bag with 6 quarts standing vertically nicely.

Attachment 221356

And all together.

Attachment 221357
    Holy mother of tool kits!!! Your setup us amazing. Where do your passengers sit? Lol

Very nice!! :thumbup:

Been Around the Block Jimmypaget's Avatar
    Where'd you get the underdeck light? Thats a neat idea!
    I like to see what your insides look like, you know as in xrays, cat-scans, MRIs and such.

Want: PR44 and lots of EVO stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypaget View Post
    Where'd you get the underdeck light? Thats a neat idea!
    Peel and stick LED strip lights from autozone. Plugs in the 12v adapter with an integrated switch. You can add strips for $10 or so. About 2' long.

Been Around the Block Jimmypaget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ttfhell View Post
    Peel and stick LED strip lights from autozone. Plugs in the 12v adapter with an integrated switch. You can add strips for $10 or so. About 2' long.
    I'm assuming you're using the 12v adapter in the rear of the jeep? I don't have that option, I'd have to run it up front somewhere.
    I like to see what your insides look like, you know as in xrays, cat-scans, MRIs and such.

Want: PR44 and lots of EVO stuff

Don't forget your spill kit...

1473104665688.jpg

While mine is not nearly extensive the one thing I did learn on the rubicon was to pack so your tools are readily accessible in the event of a break. Mine were so buried under camping stuff that it would have taken me just as long to unpack and repack as it did to make the repair. Thanks again everyone. One spare part I will carry now is a rear drive shaft with yokes and bolts..haha

Edit: I noticed a tread depth gauge. Really? Want to make sure you are in DOT spec while on the trail?..haha
    Last edited by jesse3638; 09-05-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Nothing but a Thing Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Today I started a new project... Making sure I have everything I need tool wise to work on the Jeep.

My goal is to figure out what I need to add to my ever growing collection of hand tools.

Funny thing is this pic doesn't show my nut and bolt collection or the miscellaneous spare parts I carry.

Attachment 221322

So let's see what you got! Suggestions for essential tools welcome!!!
    This is a impressive set up but I'm curious to what guys with 2 door JKs do. There's no way a 2 door guy can carry all this and keep the back seat for passengers. I basically carry the essentials like a recovery kit, tow straps, shovel, and some tools. That's about all that will fit. I hope some 2 door people chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    This is a impressive set up but I'm curious to what guys with 2 door JKs do. There's no way a 2 door guy can carry all this and keep the back seat for passengers. I basically carry the essentials like a recovery kit, tow straps, shovel, and some tools. That's about all that will fit. I hope some 2 door people chime in.
    That's a great question!!
    I've seen a lot of 2 door people carry the basic necessities like spare tire tools, a jack. Basic hand tools to disconnect the front sway bar along with sockets and wrenches that fit most suspension and drive line bolts.

Your best bet is strength in numbers. The more people that you wheel with the better chance someone will have what you need. Trail breaks and repairs are inevitable so it's always best to be as self sufficient as possible.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast