Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your Jeep tool kit?

What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Today I started a new project... Making sure I have everything I need tool wise to work on the Jeep.

My goal is to figure out what I need to add to my ever growing collection of hand tools.

Funny thing is this pic doesn't show my nut and bolt collection or the miscellaneous spare parts I carry.

1473093037863.jpg

So let's see what you got! Suggestions for essential tools welcome!!!
    Last edited by JeepFan; 09-05-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Subscribed as I am sure this will be an epic thread, one where a lot of people will learn from someone who is VERY knowledgable. In just my short 3 days with JeepFan a few weeks ago on the Rubicon Trail, I learned a lot. Thank you JeepFan!!!
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Great thread! I might just have to get all my tools out too and see what I got and what I need. Time for a reorganize anyways. Something i don't see in your pic that I carry and have used many times is a portable jumper box. I charge it every 3-6 months or so. We have one in each vehicle.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

More stuff I carry. :o

1473094308176.jpg

No tool kit is complete without fluids...

1473094442260.jpg

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    Man I am way behind on this! I don't carry near this amount of tools. I have been thinking about beefing my jeep tools lately though. I consider one of my favorite tools to be common sense! We are out by ourselves frequently so I use that tool a ton!
    OP what's sheet metal scissors for?

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    Man I am way behind on this! I don't carry near this amount of tools. I have been thinking about beefing my jeep tools lately though. I consider one of my favorite tools to be common sense! We are out by ourselves frequently so I use that tool a ton!
    OP what's sheet metal scissors for?
    I agree, common sense is one of the most important tools for anyone who ventures off the beaten path.

I've had those tin snips for 30 plus years and used them almost every day when i was a mechanic. They come in handy for cutting hoses, wire, cardboard templates, gasket material and, occasionally sheet metal.

Wrench inventory! Looks like I'm missing some of the larger sizes above 20mm and 11/4".

Might be some overkill here as well.

1473095928590.jpg

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Here is my toolkit all packed up. I learned from JeepFan the need for fluids and stole his idea on the box:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473096245.950166.jpg

I would recommend an axe, which I have used quite a bit. Not sure if that was included in this thread yet or in any pictures.
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaZielmeister View Post
    Here is my toolkit all packed up. I learned from JeepFan the need for fluids and stole his idea on the box:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473096245.950166.jpg

I would recommend an axe, which I have used quite a bit. Not sure if that was included in this thread yet or in any pictures.
    Looks like a nice kit you have there! :thumbup:

Going through the 1/4" drive metric, torx, allen and other sockets. May have to thin the herd. Many of these don't fit the Jeep anyway. Why carry the extra weight?

1473097167756.jpg

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast