Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing A Soft Top

Choosing A Soft Top

There are so many soft tops on the market. We're a little overwhelmed on what to get or not get. We have decided we want one with a frame and we don't want the slanted back. What are the pros/cons to some of them? We also are in Colorado so we want one with the most insulation possible.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Nothing but a Thing Sheaffadelic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    There are so many soft tops on the market. We're a little overwhelmed on what to get or not get. We have decided we want one with a frame and we don't want the slanted back. What are the pros/cons to some of them? We also are in Colorado so we want one with the most insulation possible.
    me personally with what ur looking for would just go straight for premium oem top. best of the best...
    #MiaKhalifa

WJCO asking JK questions! I like it!

I'd also think about noise. Some are considerably more noisy than others. I've heard good things about sail cloth in that regard but never personally owned one.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I've used both the premium twill and regular factory soft top, and since you want more insulation, I highly recommend the premium. Its a thicker and heavy material that also retains is "blackness" unlike the black diamond. Its going to cost you more, I lucked out and found mine for $600, most of them I see on CL are $1000.

The slant tops are nice. Might want to reconsider. Zippers are straight where the factory rear window zipper curves around leading to it getting binded, and misaligned leading to it getting fucked up.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

My recommendation would definitely be an OEM Premium soft top.

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I didn't know you could put soft tops on WJs? Or did you cut your top off?

Like others have mentioned, I would go with either the OEM premium soft top or the twill top from Bestop in either the regular version or the trek top nx version if I did decide on a slant back top.

I'm hopefully fixing to order the regular trek top nx due to price and I really want either the two piece soft doors and/or hard lowers with soft uppers and those match the regular version better instead of the twill version.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

Another vote for the OEM premium top.

Thank you guys. Sounds like the premium soft top is the way to go. So is the Premium QuadraTop much less quality as opposed to Mopar? Obviously we only want to do this once, and do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    The slant tops are nice. Might want to reconsider. Zippers are straight where the factory rear window zipper curves around leading to it getting binded, and misaligned leading to it getting fucked up.
    I love the look of the slanted top, but my wife never has. I tried talking her into it with no luck. And it's her Jeep.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

You actually lose a lot more room than you think with the slanted top.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast