Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Soldiers pass in Sedona

I didn't see that anyone else had posted this information, http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/coconi...d=FSEPRD518392

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you follow the link on the bottom of the page "additional information are available...." it takes you to a site with all the related documents stating they will be implementing option B meaning only guided tours, forest service and emergency services will be allowed in

Apparently they will be monitoring Broken Arrow now also...

Last edited by Kalums; 10-02-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Soldiers pass in Sedona

This is a pretty crooked deal, this allows one company alone to profit from public lands, that the public can now no longer access. Anyone smell corruption? Although it is a short trail, its is scenic and has some significant landmarks to be seen. Although I wish there was no choice to be made, and the trail was to remain as is, I believe the choices should have been 100% open or 100% closed, one or the other.
    I think they've been monitoring traffic on Broken Arrow for quite a while now, the last time I was there, a few years ago, I seem to remember a traffic counter right around the "gate keeper". Others have said there are game cams in the trees, I haven't seen it personally. The Soldiers Pass closure, unfortunately I think will set a precedent for Broken Arrow as well as it's trail head is also in a residential area. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter if the trail was there before the homes or not...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by bthomas; 10-03-2016 at 01:40 AM.

It's bs. I'm glad I got a chance to run it with my kids again before they closed it. I'd rather see it closed to all vehicle traffic than allow it to be used solely by a private tour business for profit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Knows a Thing or Two nmwranglerx's Avatar
    I've been to Sedona a couple of times and done those trails. I get the impression that the folks who live near the trails aren't very keen on off-roading. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from folks when we were jeeping around town or on the trails. Probably has little to do with the proposal but could be related.

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    I don't get it?? Not only is this going to hurt the Jeep rental businesses, it's also going to hurt all the businesses there. That's a lot of tourism business they're going to lose due to these closures.

Nothing but a Thing Draconianwinter's Avatar
    Wonder how much it cost to buy the forestry division there

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Awe I am going to slow for your tastes? well to bad if I ain't being paid I ain't in no hurry lol

I dunno but I do know there is A LOT of spare $$$ floating around those neighborhoods near those two trails. Next they will want it closed to Mountain bikers and hikers too, I already see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Kalums View Post
    I dunno but I do know there is A LOT of spare $$$ floating around those neighborhoods near those two trails. Next they will want it closed to Mountain bikers and hikers too, I already see it happening

There it is! I've been wheelin' Soldiers and Broken Arrow since the 70's and have watched the homes creeping in on both trails. It was only a matter of time for Soldiers. Last time I ran it was 2012 on a weekday and there was little traffic. Weekends are probably a different story. The nearby residents are definitely bucks up and have the say. It's kinda like folks who build next to an airport and then complain about the noise. Farewell Soldiers, l'll miss you.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a beer which is pretty close!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    There it is! I've been wheelin' Soldiers and Broken Arrow since the 70's and have watched the homes creeping in on both trails. It was only a matter of time for Soldiers. Last time I ran it was 2012 on a weekday and there was little traffic. Weekends are probably a different story. The nearby residents are definitely bucks up and have the say. It's kinda like folks who build next to an airport and then complain about the noise. Farewell Soldiers, l'll miss you.
    I'd say 2013 was the last time I was on either, and it was both weekends and weekday trips. Weekday trips were nice, not a lot of traffic on the trails, or in town. Weekends on the other hand and especially holiday weekends are pretty busy. It's a shame, what money can do.
    I'll never understand that mind set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast