Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SEMA BREAKING NEWS: NEW Dynatrac Axle Packages

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    read my last post...

it's not a "reason" you're looking for. but it's this...it's NOT that the bolt-on coilovers aren't good enough to handle 40's, noone is saying that or will ever say that. it's just that the DTD would be the BEST option to run 40's.
    Oh yeah, of course, I'd love to run the DTD
    But, I'm (aka having my shop) not pulling out my Double D Pro, and dropping 12k in suspension right now.

The entire point of my original post was, is anybody else running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now, or wait

----------------
    2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
    – Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
    --------------------

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Again, it is only really an issue when it comes to speed. The weight of ProRocks and 40" tires is significant and the bolt on coil overs just won't be able to manage them at high speeds on really rough terrain or at least, not for very long. When it comes to daily driving or even for rock crawling, you'd be fine with the bolt on coil overs.

EDIT: LOL! guess I was a bit slow in responding.
    Thanks dude

Yeah, no bomb runs for me, just crawling, and DD'ing, I had a Raptor for that, and hardly used it, spent more time in my JK...

----------------
    2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
    --------------------

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

The entire point of my original post on this thread was to ask if anybody else is running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now for pumpkin clearance , or wait
    Everywhere I search people are running the PR60 high pinion in the rear, which is not the same.

----------------
    2016 JKUR

– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC[/QUOTE]

----------------
    2016 JKUR

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond_JKU View Post
    The entire point of my original post on this thread was to ask if anybody else is running 37's on a Pro 60 low pinion FF, like the one in the 60/60 kit, and is it a rock anchor/should I do the jump to 40's now for pumpkin clearance , or wait
    Everywhere I search people are running the PR60 high pinion in the rear, which is not the same.
    The ProRock diff housing has about the same amount of ground clearance as a factory Dana 44. Going low pinion would leave your pinion yoke more exposed to the rocks but that might not be enough to matter. The strength you'd get from running on the strong side of the ring gear is probably a bigger benefit to have.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond_JKU View Post
    Also keep in mind that this is a brand new axle, just released last fall. I don't know if anyone is even running it yet.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Knows a Thing or Two
    Any other options I should be looking at compared to the below layout?

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    I am looking to purchase an XD60 to pair with my UD60 rear. I'm thinking the XD60 spec'd for the Elite Package is perfect combo. Does anyone have any feedback on if there are other options I should be adding to it?

• ProRock XD60® Front Axle
    • Dynatrac exclusive patented ProRock® nodular-iron, high-pinion ProRock XD60® center-section with bearing bores to handle oversize pinion and carrier bearings for elite housing rigidity.
    • More ground clearance than any other high pinion axle housing made for 10.1-inch ring-gear diameters.
    • 3.75-inch diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio compared to any other light-truck axle on the market.
    • Dynatrac exclusive Dual-Sump High Volume™ (DSHV) oiling system to ensure the outer pinion bearing is never without lubrication.
    • Dynatrac-exclusive U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1550 35-spline and optional 40-spline axleshaft assemblies. These are the best shafts in the industry and are capable of up to 50-degree turning angles. You get complete 35 or optional 40-spline inners and outer shafts with 1550 joints installed.
    • The ProRock XD60 is the only axle in the industry specifically engineered with features to complement and support 40-spline shafts.
    • Our new 1550 LT® high-strength, lightweight, military-grade, aluminum knuckles are loaded with our latest set of Dynatrac HD BallJoints™ yet. These are the last ball joints you’ll ever need, and are designed with larger stems and bodies for long life and high durability with big tires.
    • Dynatrac’s exclusive 1550 LT wheel ends are equipped with our latest 35-spline or optional 40-spline Stub Hub™. Forged 4140, heat-treated, fixed spindles and serviceable wheel bearings support tires up to 44 inches.
    • No other 4x4 front axle offers the ease of steering, low scrub radius, effective Ackermann angle and high steering linkage positioning.
    • Includes Dynatrac high capacity 13.25-inch brake upgrade with new dual-piston front calipers and vented rotors.
    • Includes our latest integrated track bar and ram-assist steering mounting package.
    • Includes new HD tie rod, integral steering arm, new Dynatrac DHD™ drag-link sleeve, control arm bushings, CNC laser-cut HD suspension brackets, all professionally welded and installed.
    • Includes DynaLoc™ locking hubs. DynaLoc hubs are over 3 times stronger than all other locking hubs on the market.
    • Your choice of a ARB Air Locker or Auburn Gear ECTED Max locking differential and 5.38 gears.

Fresh Catch
    Looking at the 44/60 package, the pics show the front 44 has a 5on5 bolt pattern and the rear 60 has the 8on6.5 pattern. I'd want them to be all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mxrdrver View Post
    Looking at the 44/60 package, the pics show the front 44 has a 5on5 bolt pattern and the rear 60 has the 8on6.5 pattern. I'd want them to be all the same.

The can be if you want them to be.
    I had the option on what bolt pattern I wanted when I called and ordered my 60/60 set.
    I chose 8x6.5

----------------
    2016 JKUR

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mxrdrver View Post

Being that it's a semi-float setup, you should be able to custom order your rear 60 with 5x5 just like a Trail 60. Not sure how that would effect the price but that should be an option or I would think. I believe that Moochie here on the forum is running that setup now.

Can't wrap my head around these prices yet. What were they like before these deals price wise for a pair? 10k seems like so much money. Please pardon the ignorance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast