Aftermarket sway bar

agiron

What are people thoughts on systems like the curry antirock? Does it perform as well as a full disco? Are there other brands other than curry and terabend?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It will LIMIT your flex and be noisy. If they were really as good as all the fanboys make it out to be, I would be running one

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, what cozdude said. I run a factory Rubicon sway bar up front and factory sway bar in the rear. I have literally done a side by side comparison putting Moby up on a tall display stand at a show and then trying to do the same with another JK built EXACTLY the same only with Antirocks installed. The later couldn't do it without coming close to dumping as it's articulation was limited by the Antirocks.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Had Anti Rocks front and rear on my previous jeep; was not impressed, and would not do them again.

The only thing they were maybe good for was long rutted hill climbs that required speed to get up, felt like they were a happy medium between connected and disconnected and gave a better feel of control, but for everything else there was really no value to me. Limited flex on rocks and mildly annoying on road (body roll and a sort of floating/bobbing feeling on uneven roads, which we have a lot of around here).

Even flopped my jeep on it's side once climbing up on a rock I'd climbed many times before with a disconnected stock sway bar.

chitown35

LOSER
I believe their marketing thing is that the extra flex you have isn't "usuable" flex, which I assume means you're so far drooped you have no spring left and no traction from the flex.

But if you're on your side does it matter that you have traction? And your spring length and rates likely affect the usefulness of the antirock too.

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

atrollip

Most use JKS quick disco's or similar it really takes not even a minute to disconnect or reconnect. If u really want an electronic one then the best is to hunt for a rubicon take off second hand from what i hear. Im not the most experience so someone with more experience will help out if im wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Is there something aftermarket that is similar to the rubicon, I have a Sahara...

Buy a used rubicon sway bar on Craigslist. Some owners, not knowing any better, sell their "broken" ones when in fact just the motor has failed. Swap it for the EVO no limits and be done. Many on here have done it including myself. They can be hard to come by. So if you see one for around $300ish I would buy it.

Last edited:

CarolinaJK

Buy a used rubicon sway bar on Craigslist. Some owners, not knowing any better, sell their "broken" ones when in fact just the motor has failed. Swap it for the EVO no limits and be done. Many on here have done it including myself. They can be hard to come by. You so if you see one for around $300ish I would buy it.

Definitely go with a used Rubi if possible. Took me about 6 months of searching, but I found a "broken" one in California (I'm in SC). He was giving it away free, so I asked if he'd ship it. $70 later and the only thing wrong with it was he made a homemade disconnect that was an inch too short to engange the bar. Picked up a no limits and it's good as new!

LarryG

In my project Jeep, I found a local guy who pulled the Rubi Sway Bar (installed the Currie rock jock). I bought the Rubi, and since I have ARB Lockers and the compressor- added the On demand from EVO. Fun to get things plumbed, and love the convenience! Thanks to Evil for encouraging me. Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
When looking fir the sway bar what should I look fir/avoid?

Make sure to get the bushings and retainer with it. The passenger side bushing retainer is surprisingly more expensive and your existing one won't hold the disconnect motor unless you can fabricate something.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the rubicon sway bar do you need to have longer sway bar links or is ok to run the stock rear links on the front

You can run the factory rear links up front SO LONG AS you aren't running more lift than they can accommodate. If you are sitting too tall, your links will over extend when flexing on the trail and wrap around your tie-rod. Ideally, your sway bar arms should be sitting at about 5° or so ABOVE your frame rails when parked on flat pavement.

Top Bottom