2016 SEMA : Currie Enterprises Currectlync Steering System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the aftermarket tie-rods I have personally installed and/or tested on a Jeep JK Wrangler over the last 10 years, the one that has proven itself to be THE BEST or at least in my opinion, is the one made by Currie Enterprises. They've been the most factory like in terms of design, are easy to adjust, come with ridiculously beefy tie-rod ends and I have found them to take a beating after beating year after year. Unfortunately, with greatness came a steep price and up until now, one of their tie-rods would have put you back almost $800. Well, at the 2016 SEMA show, Currie has just announced they've lowered the price of both their awesome tie-rod and drag link and are now offering both as their Currectlync Steering System for just $589 and the tie-rod itself can be had for just $349!!

20161106100802-2ed8c618-me.jpg

Again, of all the tie-rods out there, Currie is what I choose to run but of course, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take my recommendation for what it's worth. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's insane pricing! Are they moving production?

I know, totally nuts! I bought a used one a few years back for $450 and thought I was getting a smokin deal. At this price point, they are effectively cheaper than a Synergy tie-rod! From what I understand, it's all the new competition coming there way from Rubicon Express, SteerSmarts, Rare Parts and the like that's forcing them to drop their price. Imagine that, capitalism at its best :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will/do they offer a RHD drag link for those of us running the drag-link flip?

Don't think so but of course, I just run an OE RHD drag link. It's the tie-rod that I would recommend more than anything and now it's more affordable than ever. :yup:

JKbrick

I know, totally nuts! I bought a used one a few years back for $450 and thought I was getting a smokin deal. At this price point, they are effectively cheaper than a Synergy tie-rod! From what I understand, it's all the new competition coming there way from Rubicon Express, SteerSmarts, Rare Parts and the like that's forcing them to drop their price. Imagine that, capitalism at its best :crazyeyes:

Doesn't the expensive tie rod have ends you screw the "joint" into making it rebuildable and the cheaper one just has normal tie rod ends? Maybe I was just seeing things?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the heavy duty rk tie rod assembly and had to drill the knuckles. Is there a way to go to the Currie without having to replace my knuckles?

That's news to me. I didn't have to drill my knuckles. :idontknow:

Doesn't the expensive tie rod have ends you screw the "joint" into making it rebuildable and the cheaper one just has normal tie rod ends? Maybe I was just seeing things?

Not sure what you're referring to. Sorry.

JAGS

Hooked
Glad you posted this in the recap thread. I had totally missed it.

So I was under the impression from seeing elsewhere that there is a HD version and then this version? So you are saying that Currie only has this one and it is this HD lync at $359. [emoji33]

I may get sick of my frowning TR a little sooner. [emoji3]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think he is talking about drilling out the passenger side knuckle drag link mounting hole to accommodate the sleeve needed for the RK drag link flip kit.

Got it. I thought he was referring to the tie-rod. Drilling out the knuckle for the drag link is not that big of a deal or at least not to me. This is standard fair for most drag link flips.

Glad you posted this in the recap thread. I had totally missed it.

So I was under the impression from seeing elsewhere that there is a HD version and then this version? So you are saying that Currie only has this one and it is this HD lync at $359. [emoji33]

I may get sick of my frowning TR a little sooner. [emoji3]

If there are two different versions, it's news to me. I'm just reporting what I saw - Currie Currectlync JK HD replacement steering system Part # CE-9704

Heavyhaul07

That's news to me. I didn't have to drill my knuckles. :idontknow:

Not sure what you're referring to. Sorry.

IMG_1478579101.118937.jpg
This is the set up I have. Had to drill knuckles to 18mm for the bolt for the ends at knuckles. I am running there tie rod assy not the drag link. I have a flipped drag.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Got it - that is the "extreme duty" tie rod and what was released at SEMA is the "heavy duty"

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Thanks for the clarification [emoji106]

There may be other differences in the ends (I couldn't tell), but the Heavy Duty (9704) is 1 1/2 inch diameter rod and the Extreme Duty (9703) is 1 5/8 inch diameter rod. Both have a 2 year warranty.

For 1/8", I can't see that being $350 better, but that's just me.

Top Bottom