Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: 2016 SEMA : Currie Enterprises Currectlync Steering System

  1. #1
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,543

    2016 SEMA : Currie Enterprises Currectlync Steering System

    Of all the aftermarket tie-rods I have personally installed and/or tested on a Jeep JK Wrangler over the last 10 years, the one that has proven itself to be THE BEST or at least in my opinion, is the one made by Currie Enterprises. They've been the most factory like in terms of design, are easy to adjust, come with ridiculously beefy tie-rod ends and I have found them to take a beating after beating year after year. Unfortunately, with greatness came a steep price and up until now, one of their tie-rods would have put you back almost $800. Well, at the 2016 SEMA show, Currie has just announced they've lowered the price of both their awesome tie-rod and drag link and are now offering both as their Currectlync Steering System for just $589 and the tie-rod itself can be had for just $349!!



    Again, of all the tie-rods out there, Currie is what I choose to run but of course, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take my recommendation for what it's worth.

  2. #2
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,862
    That's insane pricing! Are they moving production?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Hooked TFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    142
    Wow. That's a hell of a price drop!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,543
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    That's insane pricing! Are they moving production?
    I know, totally nuts! I bought a used one a few years back for $450 and thought I was getting a smokin deal. At this price point, they are effectively cheaper than a Synergy tie-rod! From what I understand, it's all the new competition coming there way from Rubicon Express, SteerSmarts, Rare Parts and the like that's forcing them to drop their price. Imagine that, capitalism at its best

  5. #5
    Old Timer JeepJeep75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Redondo Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    Will/do they offer a RHD drag link for those of us running the drag-link flip?

  6. #6
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,543
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    Will/do they offer a RHD drag link for those of us running the drag-link flip?
    Don't think so but of course, I just run an OE RHD drag link. It's the tie-rod that I would recommend more than anything and now it's more affordable than ever.

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block Heavyhaul07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Grand junction, co
    Posts
    366
    I have the heavy duty rk tie rod assembly and had to drill the knuckles. Is there a way to go to the Currie without having to replace my knuckles?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #8
    Addict JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    6,855
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I know, totally nuts! I bought a used one a few years back for $450 and thought I was getting a smokin deal. At this price point, they are effectively cheaper than a Synergy tie-rod! From what I understand, it's all the new competition coming there way from Rubicon Express, SteerSmarts, Rare Parts and the like that's forcing them to drop their price. Imagine that, capitalism at its best
    Doesn't the expensive tie rod have ends you screw the "joint" into making it rebuildable and the cheaper one just has normal tie rod ends? Maybe I was just seeing things?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Hooked tanmanjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    230
    Good find on this. Had the same setup on my tj.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #10
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhaul07 View Post
    I have the heavy duty rk tie rod assembly and had to drill the knuckles. Is there a way to go to the Currie without having to replace my knuckles?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That's news to me. I didn't have to drill my knuckles.

    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Doesn't the expensive tie rod have ends you screw the "joint" into making it rebuildable and the cheaper one just has normal tie rod ends? Maybe I was just seeing things?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not sure what you're referring to. Sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS