Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 SEMA : B&M Jeep JK Wrangler Manual Sport Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by sassmouth View Post
    I didn't unfortunately. however the PDF instructions did have some nice color photos

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    So does it not flop around when you are moving anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    So does it not flop around when you are moving anymore?

It still moves just not as severely as before. The shifting does take more effort for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Keeping the rubber side down

FYI to those who have or are about to install this sport shifter

When I drained my transmission fluid, I found two small machine screws. The screws came from the shifter. When I inspected the shifter, I found two more screws that were backing out.

If I hadn't drained the trans I would have not noticed that this was happening. Having screws bounce around in the transmission could have been very bad and catestrophic if the shifter came apart. The shifter has only been in use for 6 weeks.

I am talking about this issue with the manufacturer. They didn't have loctite on the screws apparently.

20170710_094017.jpg

20170710_094047.jpg

2016 SEMA : B&M Jeep JK Wrangler Manual Sport Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by sassmouth View Post
    FYI to those who have or are about to install this sport shifter

When I drained my transmission fluid, I found two small machine screws. The screws came from the shifter. When I inspected the shifter, I found two more screws that were backing out.

If I hadn't drained the trans I would have not noticed that this was happening. Having screws bounce around in the transmission could have been very bad and catestrophic if the shifter came apart. The shifter has only been in use for 6 weeks.

I am talking about this issue with the manufacturer. They didn't have loctite on the screws apparently.

20170710_094017.jpg

20170710_094047.jpg
    Damn, that's sucks. Luckily you caught that in time . I am curious to hear what the manufacturer has to say about this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by VeruGE*144; 07-10-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Lucky you caught it for sure. Keep us posted on how they handle it.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Whoa!! Good thing you caught this. Would have been bad for sure if you hadn't.

I smell a recall

When i told them they said they had no records of any complaints. I said no one would even know until it was too late.

They will gladly send me a new one but are checking with their manufacturing division. I definitely would have no interest in a new one until i have some confidence in those screws not coming out.

Meanwhile i am finally finishing up reassembling everything under the jeep after completing the clutch replacement. Now would be the best time for me to change out the shifter. I have the original shifter reinstalled at this point.

I first called them last Wednesday but after getting no updated response i followed up with them again today. I may not be willing to wait on their manufacturing division to fix this issue...who knows how long that will take.

UPDATE: They will be changing the type of screws being provided and will be adding loctite as well. Waiting to hear back as to when i could get a replacement.
    Last edited by sassmouth; 07-10-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Well after to speaking to B&M about my issue earlier this week, they have told me that that were going to add loctite and change out the screws they were using. They have responded promptly and overnighted a new shifter to me. I talked to their technical assistance personnel and i believe that they took this issue seriously.

However I cannot tell by looking at the replacement if the loctite was added or if the screw threads are different as the screw heads look the same as before. I physically checked the screws to see if i could turn them with a little force but none budged. Maybe what happened to the first shifter I had was an anomaly.

I will be installing the replacement sport shifter and hopefully it will hold up long term.

I've been waiting for this since my '10 2 door, lol! Always ran a short throw shifter on my mustangs when I was younger and loved them.

I know, jeep's not a sports car, but I've always thought that throw could be shorter!

Good find on those screws, that could have ended way worse! Nice hear they took it seriously and hooked you up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast