Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 SEMA : B&M Jeep JK Wrangler Manual Sport Shifter

2016 SEMA : B&M Jeep JK Wrangler Manual Sport Shifter

For all you guys running a manual transmission, I think you'll be happy to hear about this awesome new product that B&M released at the 2016 SEMA show. As you can see, it's a precision sport shifter for the Jeep JK Wrangler and it's designed to provide precision shifts, shorter throws and a more positive feel while driving off road. Best part is, it'll be offered for only $300.

Knows a Thing or Two Thegreenmachine12's Avatar
    Ok, that's freaking awesome. Haven't seen anything like this offered for a JK yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2012 Gecko JKU
    Dynatrac PR80 rear & PR60 front, 6.2L LS3 430HP swap, 6" Teraflex longarm, ATX Slabs, 37" Goodyears

It's a Wayalife!

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    How much shorter is the throw? I never thought of the jk shifter as being too long. It's not a race car after all

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverJK View Post
    How much shorter is the throw? I never thought of the jk shifter as being too long. It's not a race car after all
    LOL!! It doesn't feel to bad with a 2011 and up but on an 2007-10, the throw was enough to cause you to hit a Daystar switch panel and prevent you from getting in gear. Maybe it's just me but I was never too fond of it and would welcome a shorter throw.

The Corvette side of my brain says "hell yea, a shorter throw shifter!". The Jeep side of my brain says "what's the rush?"... It does however have a huge cool-factor!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    The Corvette side of my brain says "hell yea, a shorter throw shifter!". The Jeep side of my brain says "what's the rush?"... It does however have a huge cool-factor!
    LOL!! Maybe it's just but but in addition to exploring and rock crawling, there is a side of me that enjoys bombing through the desert

whats the point of having a short throw if you are limited by the slow action of the clutch? ......... If you were to have a racing Jeep with fast clutch and lever action you have to change everything out.....might as well get a Ferrari or McLaren to enjoy the action......just saying.
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper STT Pro in 33"......

I had a B&M sport for my Camaro and loved it, really surprised nothing has been offered before.

If it had some type a reverse lock-out, I would be very interested. I find the 6th gear & reverse gate to be a very bad design - easy to slip into reverse trying to hit 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ_CJtoJK View Post
    If it had some type a reverse lock-out, I would be very interested. I find the 6th gear & reverse gate to be a very bad design - easy to slip into reverse trying to hit 6th.
    Easy to hit reverse going to 6th? I don't even know how anyone could do that.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80