Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1726

Thread: My life with a Brick

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    I know I’m retarded electrically but if my dash is dead and turn signals don’t work will that all start working possibly if I pull the correct fuse? Maybe my clue is the headlights stuck on?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If an electrical short is causing the issues and you eliminate the short by pulling a fuse then yes the other symptoms may disappear. It's not a full proof way to diagnose the issue but it's easy enough to do and could save a bunch of time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I may be wrong, but I think all that shit is driven by the CANBUS so if there is a wire or component that is grounded or loose, it would cause gremlins like you're experiencing. Not sure if pulling fuses would help track it, but it might.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think all that shit is driven by the CANBUS so if there is a wire or component that is grounded or loose, it would cause gremlins like you're experiencing. Not sure if pulling fuses would help track it, but it might.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Is the can bus at all related to the clock spring they replaced on the recall?

Is the can bus at all related to the clock spring they replaced on the recall?

Yes. The clockspring relays information back to the computer via CANBUS.

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

I know I’m retarded electrically but if my dash is dead and turn signals don’t work will that all start working possibly if I pull the correct fuse? Maybe my clue is the headlights stuck on?

headlights won't turn off? the headlight switch is a multi-switch and all run thru the clock spring. very possible the clock spring is bad again or the headlight multi-switch is bad

wondering if the dash is grounded properly, take some wire, find a good spot on the dash to ground to and run it direct to the battery negative.

I didn't read back far enough but are there any codes?

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    headlights won't turn off? the headlight switch is a multi-switch and all run thru the clock spring. very possible the clock spring is bad again or the headlight multi-switch is bad

wondering if the dash is grounded properly, take some wire, find a good spot on the dash to ground to and run it direct to the battery negative.

I didn't read back far enough but are there any codes?
    Correct headlights on as soon as you turn the key, no dome light, dash is dead. There are no codes when it works but now it has quit working all the time. Before I could unhook the battery and it would work for 4 starts then quit working.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Yes. The clockspring relays information back to the computer via CANBUS.

--
    I hope the clock spring is bad again, at least that should be under warranty

I hope the clock spring is bad again, at least that should be under warranty

I hopes so for your sake, when will you be taking it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I hopes so for your sake, when will you be taking it in?
    I tried to call yesterday at 4 but got the Vm of the guy I wanted to talk to

Gave my daughter the hard top for Franklin for the winter, adjusted my tailgate up, and got the spare put back on. Going to put the sway bar back on after dinner
    59503213080__C88D4733-72D8-4A66-8C0C-E7F7FD833CA3.jpg

Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast