Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years.

Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years.

Our jeep is a 14 with 28k mikes and our steering box is bad, just dropped at the dealership to have it replaced yesterday. Steering boxes are terrible for Jeeps.

Same issue with our 77 CJ5.

Also, if you want to beef it up like we are, MotoBilt has everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jensouthernoffroad View Post
    Our jeep is a 14 with 28k mikes and our steering box is bad, just dropped at the dealership to have it replaced yesterday. Steering boxes are terrible for Jeeps.
    I find that hard to believe. I've owned 4 JK's over the last 10 years and of the 2 that I still own, one has 170,000 miles on it and the other has almost 90,000 on it. I've NEVER had a steering box go "bad" on me. They are fine and if you have an older Delphi box, they're even better.

Same issue with our 77 CJ5.
    The two are light years apart when it comes to difference and even in how they're mounted to the frame. Not even close to being similar.

Also, if you want to beef it up like we are, MotoBilt has everything you need.
    Not sure I'd want to trust a company that I've never heard of.

Just sharing my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I find that hard to believe. I've owned 4 JK's over the last 10 years and of the 2 that I still own, one has 170,000 miles on it and the other has almost 90,000 on it. I've NEVER had a steering box go "bad" on me. They are fine and if you have an older Delphi box, they're even better.

Just sharing my own personal experience.

The two are light years apart when it comes to difference and even in how they're mounted to the frame. Not even close to being similar.

Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

I am just sharing my own experiences. Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.
    I am just sharing my own experiences. Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy. Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.

Calm down, Felicia. I'm with Eddie. In my professional experience of close to twenty years, I've seen less than a handful of boxes go bad on all makes and models, let alone Jeeps. And a couple just had worn out external splines from time/miles/rust. Not saying it can't happen but I agree it's rare. As far as the company you recommended, never heard of them either, don't know if there trustworthy or not.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Just sharing my experience.
    Maybe it's just me but "sharing your experience" typically includes explaining what went "bad" with your steering box - not just saying that your dealership is replacing it.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy.
    You're absolutely right. I mean, you're recommending them and everyone knows who you are so I suppose they have to be trustworthy.

Are you here to just start drama? I thought this was about sharing information about our own personal experiences, not be rude.
    No need to get all butthurt over a whole lot of nothing. I'd be interested in hearing about your personal experiences but the only thing you've done so far is say your dealership is replacing your steering box and that people should buy from a vendor you like.

Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years. Wow... sorry for posting. Have an incredible day.

Every jeep is different. Some have issues and others don't, not one is the same. What works for you may not work for someone else. Agreed, they are completely different, however, both boxes have issues. Again, this is my very own personal experience.
    Funny, I have yet to hear what any of these issues are

Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years. Wow... sorry for posting. Have an incredible day.
    Oh my, didn't realize questioning anything you may have to say or doubting the trustworthiness of a vendor that you want to promote was such a terrible thing to do. Wow... I guess it's me who should be sorry for posting.

I hope you have an incredible day.

I show you joined yesterday, but ok

Sorry to hear we didn't meet your professional expectations.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast