Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet up travel!

Been Around the Block Jimmypaget's Avatar

Sweet up travel!

I was taking a look at my suspension the other day and noticed all the travel I have! I might have more than Eddie! (Sarcasm) awesome teraflex bumpstops on top of stock ones it looks like. IMG_4297.jpgIMG_4298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I like to see what your insides look like, you know as in xrays, cat-scans, MRIs and such.

Want: PR44 and lots of EVO stuff

Did it come with a lift when you bought it?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

It's like a whopping 4 inches of travel!! Trophy truck status!! lol!
    I like to see what your insides look like, you know as in xrays, cat-scans, MRIs and such.

[QUOTE=WJCO;818825]Did it come with a lift when you bought it?[/QUOTE

Yessir, sure did!

Actually, I just looked at our stock height JK, that looks pretty normal. It's about 3 inches from the spring perch to the bottom of the bump stop cup. And if measuring to the bottom of the rubber (which is not accurate travel), it's about 1.25 inches. I think you'll be fine.

1228160917.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Actually, I just looked at our stock height JK, that looks pretty normal. It's about 3 inches from the spring perch to the bottom of the bump stop cup. And if measuring to the bottom of the rubber (which is not accurate travel), it's about 1.25 inches. I think you'll be fine.

1228160917.jpg
    This is correct ^^^^

You have a LOT more up travel than I think you've been thinking you have.

Gotcha because the bump stop will be pushed into the can at full compression, giving it a couple extra inches correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypaget View Post
    Gotcha because the bump stop will be pushed into the can at full compression, giving it a couple extra inches correct?
    Yes, the jounce stop will compress and give you a bit more up travel. That being said, how much of a lift are you supposed to have on your Jeep? I don't see any bump stop extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypaget View Post

It will flatten out or compress. Sometimes even growing larger but sideways. I tried to find a pic, but don't have any right now. Here's one from online that someone put in a vise.

DSC01912.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yes, the jounce stop will compress and give you a bit more up travel. That being said, how much of a lift are you supposed to have on your Jeep? I don't see any bump stop extensions.
    I honestly have no clue as to high much lift I actually have. The lift was on the jeep when I bought it (used). I was told it was maybe a 3-3.5 inch. It's a teraflex spring and some other teraflex stuff on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast