Thread: Tire Choice Help Needed!!

-

Tire Choice Help Needed!!

So I have been doing a ton of searching and probably have read every thread on these three tires. But here is my setup, situation and my request for feedback from the group!

First, Yes I am new please excuse me if I missed something, posted incorrectly or need some guidance

Ok so here it is: I will be running (should have in a week or so ) EVO bolt on coil overs, Spyderlock Beadlocks with 3.5" BS, and have cut stock fenders (based off WOL write-up).

I am planning to run 37" in either the Toyo MT's 13.5 / Nitto TG 12.5 / Nitto MG 13.5 tires. My first question is with my set up above how much rubbing will occur or what will I need to "fix" IE: pinch seem,etc to eliminate it with the Toyo's or Mud Grapplers being 13.5. I am confident the TG wont have an issue but if I am mistaken please speak up. I would really like the wider tire for a few reasons but if its not going to work then so be it.

Also if you have an opinion on one of those tires let me know and why.

Thanks to everyone in advance! I cannot wait to get thing on the EVO's

How much lift will you be running?

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back
    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I'm either out jeepin' or perparing to go out jeepin'!

-

Well I was hoping to stay within the 3"- 4" range but with the EVO coils i'll have some play. I'm worried about hitting frame and/or the coils with the wider tire.

Just to make sure you know, you will NEED to run wheels with 3.5" of backspacing in order to clear your front bolt on coil overs even with the Nitto Trail Grapplers. If you run the Toyo's, it'll be real tight even with the 3.5". Aside from that, you will need to trim your pinch seam but otherwise, you should be good.

-

Trail Grapplers it is! Guess I will have to go wider when I go to 60's then...I can always hope, right. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by crippledpetey View Post
    Trail Grapplers it is! Guess I will have to go wider when I go to 60's then...I can always hope, right. 
    LOL!! Oh yeah, hope is part of the fun.

You'll be happy with the Trail Grapplers. I've run a lot of tires and they are one of my favorites.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Oh yeah, hope is part of the fun.

You'll be happy with the Trail Grapplers. I've run a lot of tires and they are one of my favorites.
    So my wife got a new JK as well :-D. I want to run 40s on mine when its "finished" haha but am concerned with the bolt on kit. After running it for a bit how do you think it will work with 40s or should I just bump up to the DTD's? I was hoping to pass some of the price over to 60's and not have to do this twice...then I could just put the EVO bolt on's on hers with 37s.