Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Knows a Thing or Two cavfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    I would keep an eye on the spindle mount location, from the photo it looks really close to the tub.
    Thx for the heads up. Yeah we opened the gate all the way and it clears. Worst case we may have to angle off the spindle instead of just squaring up IF its position wont allow a straight shot left to right. Havnt decided if I want to look at a traditional triangle style mount or go ahead and try a cage style. Right now ideas are running rampant and why Im asking for input. Thx again for your insight

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I dig it! Lookin good!

.................................................. .....................
    Overall "build thread"
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Nice work!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using WAYALIFE mobile app

looks good, the corners look a bit close to your roof rack.

I've seen heavy steel bumpers with similar corners bend upwards taking big hits on the rocks

Saw it happen recently at a run in September - the bumper looked like it was made with thick steel, had similar end cap design. Jeep was coming off a big rock, it slid sideways dropping the bumper on the boulder and bent the end cap upwards

Knows a Thing or Two cavfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    looks good, the corners look a bit close to your roof rack.

I've seen heavy steel bumpers with similar corners bend upwards taking big hits on the rocks

Saw it happen recently at a run in September - the bumper looked like it was made with thick steel, had similar end cap design. Jeep was coming off a big rock, it slid sideways dropping the bumper on the boulder and bent the end cap upwards
    I wanted to be close to the roof rack corners in hopes of trying to protect them a little bit. When I did the Rubicon I came down pretty hard a couple of times on the corners of the roof rack. Fortunately, I didn't damage anything. In hindsight, I am glad I had those corners on though because my lack of lift probably would have resulted in tub damage. Thought process is if it hits hopefully the bumper will take the brunt. I am hoping it wont be an issue but thanks for pointing that out.

I can add some more support in the rear corners of the bumper if needed. Most bumpers I saw were made with 3/16 and we used 1/4 so I was hoping it was a hell of a lot stronger. Hell, I was worried if I hit hard enough I would bend the frame before I bent the bumper but I guess we will see. Im still waiting on the lights and shackle mounts so I will definitely look at maybe strengthening the corners a bit more just in case. A couple more pounds isn't going to kill me. Than again I only have the mighty 3.8

Thanks for the heads up!

Great job! Rear bumper looks awesome. If I tried to do that it would come out looking like it had already been in an accident lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Looking awesome. I built my own on the WJ, and it's kind of a learn as you go kind of thing. But for what you got now, looks like you've got everything covered, it looks great. Once you get the carrier built, that's where you start spending a lot of time on measuring, clearances, rattles, operation, plate lights, etc.

How are you planning on latching it?

One extra thing I did that has been the best mod so far for me is a spring-loaded pop pin that stops automatically so it doesn't hit the Jeep body. Not sure if you're building some kind of opening stop. That same pin helps it to stay open so it doesn't come back and hit you in the ass.

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02737.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 01-10-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Caught the Bug
    Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Draconianwinter's Avatar
    Great looking bumper. I do have to agree with JKDream from the picture the spindle mount location does look a bit on the close side. Hope is just the angle of the picture, because it really is a damn nice looking bumper.

sent from your basement
    Awe I am going to slow for your tastes? well to bad if I ain't being paid I ain't in no hurry lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast