Pentastar - delayed acceleration response?

rfoust

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the delayed response on the JK/pentastar engine when pressing on the gas pedal? Its almost like it has to think about it for a second (or half a second) before doing anything. Or perhaps it takes additional travel on the pedal to kick in or something? I haven't been in enough chrysler models with that engine to know if its common across all of them or what.

Thoughts?

jeffd

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the delayed response on the JK/pentastar engine when pressing on the gas pedal? Its almost like it has to think about it for a second (or half a second) before doing anything. Or perhaps it takes additional travel on the pedal to kick in or something? I haven't been in enough chrysler models with that engine to know if its common across all of them or what.

Thoughts?

drive by wire sometimes has this sensation also I have heard that manuals have the hill holder function that makes it feel strange. I have an auto 2013 and I seem to have instant accelleration with no noticable lag but I have been driving drive by wire vehicles for so long I might be used to it.

RockyJk

I agree with ^^^ when i had barely got my 04 hemi ram it felt like it would lag but after a while I got used to it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't tried one for the 2012-up but, I've used a Sprint Booster in the past to help get rid of the lag.

Top Bottom