Bent rear Axle Shaft Flange

DawnPatrol

Sooo somehow I managed to bend the driver-side rear Axle Shaft Flange on my 2015 JKU and although its only got 27K miles on it, dealer is saying its not a warranty and its a Canadian Jeep anyway so I'm not sure they'd cover it regardless...So far i've gotten the dreaded squeak from drive shaft when it rotates but it still seams to ride fine at this point. My major problem here is the $$$ issue. I'm young and on a budget right now and I'd really prefer not to spend close to $500 on a set of rear axle shafts with pressed bearings when I only need one side...pretty discouraged at the moment by what I've found online, anyone have any options?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you don't have a Rubicon, your axle shafts will be exactly the same and that should help you to find a replacement. Look around or ask around and I'm sure you'll be able to find a used take off for a lot less.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Sooo somehow I managed to bend the driver-side rear Axle Shaft Flange on my 2015 JKU and although its only got 27K miles on it, dealer is saying its not a warranty and its a Canadian Jeep anyway so I'm not sure they'd cover it regardless...So far i've gotten the dreaded squeak from drive shaft when it rotates but it still seams to ride fine at this point. My major problem here is the $$$ issue. I'm young and on a budget right now and I'd really prefer not to spend close to $500 on a set of rear axle shafts with pressed bearings when I only need one side...pretty discouraged at the moment by what I've found online, anyone have any options?

if you are on a budget just look on craigslist or call around junk yards and look for a factory shaft. that was my plan at first but i just happened to find a great price for revolution shafts :thumb:

edit: Eddie beat me to it... lol

WJCO

Meme King
You can find them around online new for around 200 with bearing/seal already on. Look around. Crown/Spicer/Etc.

DawnPatrol

Being that you don't have a Rubicon, your axle shafts will be exactly the same and that should help you to find a replacement. Look around or ask around and I'm sure you'll be able to find a used take off for a lot less.

Wow, I might be the luckiest guy alive right now, dealer just called saying there was no visible damage caused by the customer so it will be cover under warranty 100%!!

BTW thanks for all the quick responses guys, WOL continually proves to be the best and most supportive forum out there for Jeeps!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I might be the luckiest guy alive right now, dealer just called saying there was no visible damage caused by the customer so it will be cover under warranty 100%!!

BTW thanks for all the quick responses guys, WOL continually proves to be the best and most supportive forum out there for Jeeps!

How cool is that! Awesome :thumb:

Basscat

They bend much easier than you think. Wayoflife said it right. A take off should be easy to find.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom