Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    You don't need to replace anything else than this part. Hardest part is getting pitman arm off- and you will need a second person to line up the holes when mounting the box to the frame. I could not hold it in place and line up the bolts... but an extra set of hands did it fine. I used no special tools.... no power tools... so I would say it is a pretty easy part swap.
    Ok great to know! Did it come with solid instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Running it with 37's now. No problem and it drives with two fingers on the highway... unless it is like 40mph winds... then I need a full paw on the wheel.

So... no leaking, no adverse effects on pump or steering components. Submerged it with water over the tires... it did fine. It doesn't feel much different than stock on the road. It does not refuse to turn the tires when backing my trailer up, where the old box and pump would sometimes have issues when pushing the trailer uphill and backwards.

I would buy it again, I don't regret not getting a ram assist at this point. 90% of my driving is on pavement. It doesn't have any issues at this point!
    Thanks for sharing this with us, I am looking into getting this box myself

Quote Originally Posted by tippedover View Post
    Ok great to know! Did it come with solid instructions?

Yes... but it wouldn't hurt for you to look at an online video of installing a steering box. You have 4 frame bolts, two hoses to attach, the steering shaft that runs through the firewall to your wheel (1 bolt and nut there), and the Pitman arm nut. So 8 totally steps to take off, and 8 steps to put back on. Move the coolant tank.... and bungie it back... you should be good to go.
    God's area code is 406!

Yes... but it wouldn't hurt for you to look at an online video of installing a steering box. You have 4 frame bolts, two hoses to attach, the steering shaft that runs through the firewall to your wheel (1 bolt and nut there), and the Pitman arm nut. So 8 totally steps to take off, and 8 steps to put back on. Move the coolant tank.... and bungie it back... you should be good to go.
    Sounds like a breeze. Thanks for all the info.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011