JKU steering box differences

Baja

So I just got done installing the RNR from WTO and it works great. Have not wheeled it yet, but it sure did improve the freeway handling. Anyway, I went with their "factory new" Mopar box ported by them and when I installed it, I noticed that it sat higher over the frame than the original one I removed, which sat almost right on the frame rail. The new one I installed sits more than an inch over the frame rail when mounted. Does anyone know what steering box it is exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Baja

So to illustrate what I'm talking about, here is a pic of the replacement steering gear. The top of it sits off of the frame rail quite a bit, where as the original sat much lower and closer to the frame rail. I didn't call WTO to ask them today, as I was too busy with work. If I think about it tomorrow I will give them a call. On a side note, it's working just fine. It just bothers me not knowing.
IMG_0676.jpg

wardawg

So to illustrate what I'm talking about, here is a pic of the replacement steering gear. The top of it sits off of the frame rail quite a bit, where as the original sat much lower and closer to the frame rail. I didn't call WTO to ask them today, as I was too busy with work. If I think about it tomorrow I will give them a call. On a side note, it's working just fine. It just bothers me not knowing.
View attachment 241633

Any pictures of where it was tapped and ported?

Top Bottom