Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProRock 44/ PSC steering question

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar

ProRock 44/ PSC steering question

Ordering today. What length ram is needed for the PR44? The PSC kit listed for aftermarket axles (SK266) lists a 8" ram. The kit for factory axles (SK261) lists a 6.75" ram. My Dana 30 steering travel measures about 7.3"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just the standard length ram.

8" ram is for full width axles. PR44 is no wider than your d30.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    Just the standard length ram.

8" ram is for full width axles. PR44 is no wider than your d30.
    This ^^^^^^^

Good topic. I also have a question on this. I have a PR44 with the PR44 PSC kit right now. I'll be getting a PR60 front axle very soon...the PR60 comes with their own ram assist mounting system. I'm assuming I can reuse my current PSC with their mounting system with no issues?
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Good topic. I also have a question on this. I have a PR44 with the PR44 PSC kit right now. I'll be getting a PR60 front axle very soon...the PR60 comes with their own ram assist mounting system. I'm assuming I can reuse my current PSC with their mounting system with no issues?
    Not necessarily. In the past, you would have needed to replace what you have and install an 8" ram. I don't know for sure how their new setup works with the built in mount but I would check with Dynatrac to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Not necessarily. In the past, you would have needed to replace what you have and install an 8" ram. I don't know for sure how their new setup works with the built in mount but I would check with Dynatrac to verify.
    Thanks. I'll reach out to Dynatrac and get their thoughts. My fingers are crossed I can reuse what I currently got...
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Good topic. I will be piecing together a kit soon myself and was wondering about ram length. Guess I will be grabbing the 6.75 ram
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I just installed a 6.75 ram on my pr44. I have the steering stops In the stock depth and the RAM seems to just tap them lock to lock on each side. Pr44 has a synergy weld on trackbar mount and all synergy steering grear with a psc kit.
    IMG_20170126_174125741.jpg

Sent from a guy with a jeep

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Thanks for the info everyone. looks like I'm ordering the 6.75 then

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just talked to dynatrac. For any PR44 owners with PSC hydro or soon to be hydro owners...if you ever upgrade to a PR60, it will REQUIRE you to have the 8" ram. Fortunately, PSC sells just the ram portion so you don't have to buy a brand new kit. Just an FYI if anything...

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/1-75-x...-cylinder.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast