Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Knows a Thing or Two Thegreenmachine12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Attachment 243266

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    How do you like the 6.4? I've heard its a hit or miss with those motors, some last 100k miles and some will go a million miles.
    2012 Gecko JKU
    Dynatrac PR80 rear & PR60 front, 6.2L LS3 430HP swap, 6" Teraflex longarm, ATX Slabs, 37" Goodyears

It's a Wayalife!

Been Around the Block Lil Nasty's Avatar
    I'm actually about to go look at a "tow rig" in a few minutes. Not to tow the JK with but to use as a work truck for around the house. It will also allow me to work on the JK for multiple days vs needing it as a daily driver.

Here is my non work tow rig.IMG_1966.JPG

2016 JKUR Mojave Sand

My Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...jave-Sand-JKUR

Sold:
    2008 JKU
    1948 CJ2A

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar

Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenmachine12 View Post
    How do you like the 6.4? I've heard its a hit or miss with those motors, some last 100k miles and some will go a million miles.
    I have 90k, it tows great. Fast as hell, from 60-100 it's a fucking rocket ship.

I loved my old 7.3, it was one noisy motor with not even close to the same power.

That being said, I owned the truck two weeks and had to have the transmission cooler replaced (on top of the transmission at the back of the motor). It was a $3,500 fix. I did buy the truck off an old guy (see old man bed cap). So it did sat for long durations.

Last edited by piginajeep; 02-10-2017 at 02:43 AM.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Image1486720286.125475.jpgIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0104.JPG

My Fat Bottom Girl. '01 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 L. Bought her new in '01 and will never part. She has just over 240,000 miles. Currently in my buddies garage getting new injectors this weekend. Over the past few months we've freshened her up with new tires, leveling kit, all new LED lights, master cyl, hydro-booster, calipers and shoes, pwrsterring pump, side steps and probably a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
    Last edited by JamesCo; 02-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    JamesCo

I need to do injectors....

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
    I need to do injectors....
    Almost 3 grand plus labor. But she had a bad one so I'm replacing all 8 with glow plugs and wire harnesses. Can't wait to drive her after all that.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
    JamesCo

Nothing but a Thing 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCo View Post
    Image1486720286.125475.jpgIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0104.JPG

My Fat Bottom Girl. '01 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 L. Bought her new in '01 and will never part. She has just over 240,000 miles. Currently in my buddies garage getting new injectors this weekend. Over the past few months we've freshened her up with new tires, leveling kit, all new LED lights, master cyl, hydro-booster, calipers and shoes, pwrsterring pump, side steps and probably a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

Bad ass rig. The 7.3 is a great motor.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's what is holding me back!!!
    Did you do anything else beside those two areas?
    Did you "hop up" the injectors a bit? I find that on stock gearing and 35's I can still haul the mail. But I am thinking to get a little more out of them when I do it.
    I find that if I plug my truck in for a few hours, I can drive all day. So that is keeping me going.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCo View Post
    Almost 3 grand plus labor. But she had a bad one so I'm replacing all 8 with glow plugs and wire harnesses. Can't wait to drive her after all that.

Mine isn't new and doesn't look the greatest anymore but it will tow what ever I put behind it although I've never towed my jeep ... 1965 Chevy C10 cab on a 1985 GMC 1 ton frame with a 400 ci small block with a 4 speed with a double over gear box giving 3 reverse gears and 10 forward gears (although I don't shift the secondary gear box that often) IMG_4646.jpg

Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast