Steering Stabilizer relocate

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have destroyed my factory stabilizer as it is in the factory location, so I am looking at relocating it higher. I was set on just getting the Rancho kit, but I am wondering if I should/could get the EVO drag link flip kit and just run the axle side bracket right now and be able to leave the track bar in the factory location on the bracket also not run the flipped drag link yet. I plan on going to a 4 inch lift sometime and would do the EVO flip kit at that time anyway. Just thinking that if that would work it would cost me more right now but would save me money for the future. Then when I do lift it, I could do the install the flipped drag link and move the track bar up. I have not seen the EVO drag link flip kit in person so I dont know if what I am asking will even work.

Also, I was planning on just getting a factory replacement steering stabilizer but I also plan on getting Rancho 7000 series shocks and my OCD says to get the Rancho 7000 series steering stabilizer to match. But if it causes a push, I will not be happy. So should I just tell my OCD to piss off and get the factory one? LOL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have more mods coming in the future, I would just tell your OCD to piss off and either get an OE stabilizer or a Rancho 5000 one. You cannot run the EVO track bar relocation bracket without mounting the track bar up higher and that will give you handling issues.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Being that you have more mods coming in the future, I would just tell your OCD to piss off and either get an OE stabilizer or a Rancho 5000 one. You cannot run the EVO track bar relocation bracket without mounting the track bar up higher and that will give you handling issues.

Thats what I figured but didnt know for sure. Ill probably just buy the Rancho bracket kit and a factory replacement stabilizer.

Damn the OCD thats rubbed off from the wife!

WJCO

Meme King
Thats what I figured but didnt know for sure. Ill probably just buy the Rancho bracket kit and a factory replacement stabilizer.

Damn the OCD thats rubbed off from the wife!

If it's the same one I got, it's an easy install. Just drill a 1/2" hole in the track bar bracket and add a stud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom