Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which locker?

Which locker?

I recently had a change of plans to my build. Long story short, the wife said no to my dream. I am going to add a rear locker to the stock Dana 44 on my 2015 JKU Willys.

Couple questions:

ARB or Ox?

If Ox, would you go air, electric, or manual?

I was recently told that Ox may be facing some financial problems and go belly up, anyone hear the same rumor?

Knowing the majority will say ARB because of the reliability, i ask about Ox because the idea of manual locking is appealing. Plus if the cable breaks they have a tool to release and engage it. Just dont want to buy a product if the company is going out of business.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    Do you plan on regearing at the same time as the locker install?

I also have a 15 JKU Willys that I've been giving thought to a rear locker for.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by scrota76 View Post
    ARB or Ox?

Knowing the majority will say ARB because of the reliability, i ask about Ox because the idea of manual locking is appealing. Plus if the cable breaks they have a tool to release and engage it. Just dont want to buy a product if the company is going out of business.
    Actually, strength AND reliability AND a long history of use by countless Jeepers is why a lot of us would recommend ARB.

If Ox, would you go air, electric, or manual?
    Being that you're so concerned about a possible break, I'm not sure why you'd consider anything other than a manual setup.

I was recently told that Ox may be facing some financial problems and go belly up, anyone hear the same rumor?
    Don't know if the rumors are true or not but it wouldn't be the first time. I wonder why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd View Post
    Do you plan on regearing at the same time as the locker install?

I also have a 15 JKU Willys that I've been giving thought to a rear locker for.

I had planned on regearing, but when my wife crushed my dreams the 4.56 gears became a tear drop on my cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Actually, strength AND reliability AND a long history of use by countless Jeepers is why a lot of us would recommend ARB.

Being that you're so concerned about a possible break, I'm not sure why you'd consider anything other than a manual setup.

Don't know if the rumors are true or not but it wouldn't be the first time. I wonder why that is.
    I guess my ultimate question here is:

Are ox lockers as reliable as ARB?

If the answer is no, then the no brainer choice is ARB. I will just add a couple air lines to the jeep go bag and forget about cables and little tools.

If the answer is no, then the no brainer choice is ARB. I will just add a couple air lines to the jeep go bag and forget about cables and little tools.

I don't personally know anyone who runs an OX, not my personal friends or any of my industry associates, so I couldn't tell you if they're reliable or not. That being said, just run a braided stainless steel line and you won't need to worry about melted lines.

I think you know the answer to this question.
    Just look at the reliability of all the ARB air lockers out there. I am not shoot down the OX, but you have to know that ARB is going to be the best option. Also, air lines are an really simple fix. So in the grand scheme of this, I would not let an air line be anything to worry about.

Alright, I'm in. ARB it is. Thank you guys.

I have ARB and carry a couple extra air lines in my trail bag also. Eventually I'll get the stainless steel airline kit. I've only had one "issue" with arb, if that's what you even want to call it. I had a small air leak from my compressor. Sprayed it with some water and found where the leak was coming from and retorqued.

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you need a new wife

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast