Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

I recently decided that I don't like the factory look of my JK anymore. I used to really like the factory flares that's why I decided to go with AEV bumpers to keep that original look. Well I don't really dig that anymore and since my Jeep isn't really a daily driver anymore I would like to convert is for something more suitable for rock-crawling instead of Sunday night mall/grocery crawling.... I don't have any threads of original built simply because I wasn't a part of any forum or had time to do so, I know SHAME on me. I worked crazy hours for last couple years....
    Anyways....., since I committed to be an active member here on WAYALIFE I decided to start this thread and share the rebuild of my mall-crawler with everybody.

So here is how she sits right now

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

So here's what I am planning for the start of this rebuild:

-AEV front and rear bumpers are going up on craigslist/Ebay and AEV forum tomorrow. I doubt anybody here wants them, but if anybody does shoot me PM.
    -I would like to change out those stiff AEV coils for something different for now
    -I am still debating but leaning towards putting my hard top for sale also.
    ooohhhh I actually started my rebuild last Friday when I had to ditch AEV front swaybar links relocation brackets to make room for EVO c gussets
    (and here are those puppies all welded up)
    IMG_3952.jpgIMG_3953.jpg

In the long run I would like to end up with:

-long arm lift kit with coil overs
    -beadlock wheels with next set of tires
    -stubby bumpers
    -flat flares
    -roll cage, etc...

Questions and Advice:

-I am not really sure where to start with rebuilding my suspension, so really appreciate any advice and comments from veterans here at WAL.
    -I am sitting on a AEV 4.5" lift kit, I would like to ditch those coils and try to hang on to these shocks for a bit. Or should I just ditch it all together and go straight to coilovers and long arm
    -Is it doable to install long arms with these springs and shocks then add coilovers later?
    -what you guys recommend for stubby bumpers?

Any comments and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance....... It feels great to be part of Wayalife and you guys

Here is a little something I received couple days ago waiting be installed
    IMG_3963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice build
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Good looking jeep! Theres a thread on here that shows your aev tire carrier along with a rear facia. Might want to look at that to save some $.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Good looking jeep! Theres a thread on here that shows your aev tire carrier along with a rear facia. Might want to look at that to save some $.
    I was actually thinking of keeping the AEV tire carrier... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Nice build
    Thanks, but like I said I would like to make it more of a rock crawler than a mall crawler

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...V-Tire-Carrier Here is that setup for the carrier and fascia, I think it looks awesome and something I would run if I didnt have the evo carrier.

What type of wheeling do you see yourself doing? I ask becuase you dont need the long arms unless you are staying with a higher lift like the 4.5".

This would be a good setup, you just need to pick shocks and you could upgrade later down the road to coilovers if you feel the need. Many will tell you, that if you get the plush ride springs that when paired with the king 2.5" adjustable shocks, they will ride much better than the bolt on coilovers.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/pro...rm-kit-jk-jku/

Or, you could just do this since you would only need front lowers which this comes with and it would be very capable in that form.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/pro...tage-1-jk-jku/
    Last edited by hinrichs; 03-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Well I would like to do rock crawling, not that there is much of that around here, but I plan for trips out west or even end up moving here some day. I read in some places that you actually want the jeep to sit a bit lower for rock crawling.

But on the other hand I would like to end up with 60 axles and massive tires and a swap to a v8. I wonder if I start building it up in that direction.

I will most likely keep this jeep until it falls apart.

Thanks for the links!!!

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...931#post859931

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...V-Tire-Carrier Here is that setup for the carrier and fascia, I think it looks awesome and something I would run if I didnt have the evo carrier.

What type of wheeling do you see yourself doing? I ask becuase you dont need the long arms unless you are staying with a higher lift like the 4.5".

This would be a good setup, you just need to pick shocks and you could upgrade later down the road to coilovers if you feel the need. Many will tell you, that if you get the plush ride springs that when paired with the king 2.5" adjustable shocks, they will ride much better than the bolt on coilovers.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/pro...rm-kit-jk-jku/

Or, you could just do this since you would only need front lowers which this comes with and it would be very capable in that form.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/pro...tage-1-jk-jku/
    I replied to you but forgot to include your quote, please have a look at my thread... sorry

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...931#post859931

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    Nice, glad you started a build thread.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast