Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

  1. #11
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    757
    Thanks for all the info guys!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Nothing but a Thing BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    Soo... My wife and I may be relocating to Cali for a job offer that presented it's self to me earlier this week. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to get a feel for the area from some folks that live out that way. What are the fender regulations and inspections/ emissions required on vehicles in that area? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks Guys, and Gals,

    Warren
    Cost of living compared to TN is insane. 30-45 minute commute time could mean 2 miles. 😂

    Fenders need to cover the tire. Smog inspection every 2 years. Don't know if your Jeep has been altered, and don't know if Jeeps sold outside of CA have lesser emissions equipment, but CA has the strictest emissions laws in the US as far as I know. I'm guessing you'd have to go to a referee to transfer registration for the first time, but once it's passed, as long as you don't change anything, the smog inspection is just a visual to make sure nothing has been tampered with plus the emission test/computer scan. They don't check for busted windows or lights or stuff like that that I've heard other states complain about. They leave that stuff up to the cops to ticket you on. 😂

    Agree with the guy who said stay away from CA if you value freedom and keeping your money in your pocket. I'm trying to get out of here myself... The state is bad and is getting worse every year. 😠

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    --
    Build Thread: Adventures with Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  3. #13
    Been Around the Block Randy Tadevich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by knotabyte View Post
    I live in Canyon Lake, which is in riverside county. We love it here.

    Attachment 248554
    My first thought was, and that's the place to go to get away from the crowds. Knuck knuck knuck. I have spent a lot of time in southern Cali, and it's a crowd everywhere you go. Granted I have not spent any time on the trails.

    Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two mo0s3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    Soo... My wife and I may be relocating to Cali for a job offer that presented it's self to me earlier this week. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to get a feel for the area from some folks that live out that way. What are the fender regulations and inspections/ emissions required on vehicles in that area? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks Guys, and Gals,

    Warren
    I live in Riverside CA.
    It's nice in the Orangecrest woodcrest areas. A lot of jeeps out here are owned by Riverside PD so they do not mess with me at all and I have the fender deletes from crawler concepts IMG_5846.jpg
    I will say cost of living is high and traffic blows. But if your working in Riverside it won't be a issue.
    They are a lot of great trails out here as well, big Bear, Johnson Valley, Calico are just some of them .
    Good luck on your decision bud hope this helped a bit .


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Fresh Catch MOX4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Canyon Lake, Ca
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Tadevich View Post
    My first thought was, and that's the place to go to get away from the crowds. Knuck knuck knuck. I have spent a lot of time in southern Cali, and it's a crowd everywhere you go. Granted I have not spent any time on the trails.

    Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Somtimes thats where the fun is.... That first picture was on the 4th of July, the community gows about 4x that weekend. Canyon Lake is a gated community, so, this is the typical day on the lake.



    canyon lake2.JPG

  6. #16
    Fresh Catch AirborneVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    12

    What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsterJK View Post
    Yucaipa is beautiful and the city has really grow and same with cherry valley/Beaumont. San Bernardino has some really bad neighborhoods. Beaumont and Yucaipa. The + side to being in those areas is you are 30 minutes away from big bear and there are a ton of trails to enjoy.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Totally agree, I wouldn't consider San Bernardino. It was labeled "California's most dangerous city" in a report based on FBI data last year. Yucaipa is good... and there's a local Jeep shop that does excellent work. A new one just opened up near me here in Riverside too.

    Menifee is good (used to live there). Canyon Lake is good too. Banning, Beaumont, Redlands, Loma Linda. It really depends on where your job actually is and how much time you want to spend in traffic. The 91 has notoriously shared the title of worst traffic with the Washington D.C. Beltway. They are just finishing construction which should help, but we have to wait and see. The 215/60 can be a nightmare too. Commuting hours of course.

    My wife and I live just close enough to Riverside to be close to everything, but in an area that feels like it's in the country. If you want specific areas in Riverside to look... I'd check out Mission Grove, Orangecrest, Woodcrest, Canyon Crest and off of La Sierra between the 91 and Lake Matthews. Stay away from Casa Blanca. Send me a PM if you'd like... glad to help.

    As far as emissions... your Airaid should have a CARB number and your MBRP cat back should be okay. But any other performance mods, unless they come with a CARB number, are pretty much paper weights.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by AirborneVet; 03-17-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." - George S. Patton

  7. #17
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneVet View Post
    Totally agree, I wouldn't consider San Bernardino. It was labeled "California's most dangerous city" in a report based on FBI data last year. Yucaipa is good... and there's a local Jeep shop that does excellent work. A new one just opened up near me here in Riverside too.

    Menifee is good (used to live there). Canyon Lake is good too. Banning, Beaumont, Redlands, Loma Linda. It really depends on where your job actually is and how much time you want to spend in traffic. The 91 has notoriously shared the title of worst traffic with the Washington D.C. Beltway. They are just finishing construction which should help, but we have to wait and see. The 215/60 can be a nightmare too. Commuting hours of course.

    My wife and I live just close enough to Riverside to be close to everything, but in an area that feels like it's in the country. If you want specific areas in Riverside to look... I'd check out Mission Grove, Orangecrest, Woodcrest, Canyon Crest and off of La Sierra between the 91 and Lake Matthews. Stay away from Casa Blanca. Send me a PM if you'd like... glad to help.

    As far as emissions... your Airaid should have a CARB number and your MBRP cat back should be okay. But any other performance mods, unless they come with a CARB number, are pretty much paper weights.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks, for all the info i really appreciate it!

  8. #18
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0s3 View Post
    I live in Riverside CA.
    It's nice in the Orangecrest woodcrest areas. A lot of jeeps out here are owned by Riverside PD so they do not mess with me at all and I have the fender deletes from crawler concepts IMG_5846.jpg
    I will say cost of living is high and traffic blows. But if your working in Riverside it won't be a issue.
    They are a lot of great trails out here as well, big Bear, Johnson Valley, Calico are just some of them .
    Good luck on your decision bud hope this helped a bit .


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks for the help, i have those same fenders on my jeep, in the 2-door version on my jeep and i was worried about it.

  9. #19
    Knows a Thing or Two mo0s3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    Thanks for the help, i have those same fenders on my jeep, in the 2-door version on my jeep and i was worried about it.
    Yeah worst case scenario you get the Evo quick disconnect mud flaps


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Moderator Trail JK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reche Canyon
    Posts
    2,264

    What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

    I kind of want to belly laugh that you're asking about the area and your concern is mudflaps.

    In terms of really wanting to know about the area I guess it would depend on what you value and your budget. There are a lot of nice areas in the Inland Empire and others I would stay away from. If you want a little bit more space consider Cherry Valley or maybe Norco. Most of the nicer areas in the I.E. have very small properties such as Chino hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland. Traffic is always an issue so if your commute isn't relevant right now it will become relevant. There is great weather and wheeling in and throughout Southern California but it comes at a cost.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS