Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: REVERE THE STEER - Rubicat Going Wide with 72.5" Dynatrac XD60 / PRO 1550 Front Axle

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Wow major freaking overhaul. Good work.
    Thanks! Took about 6 months to make it all possible but Cindy and I learned a TON and it was totally worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylersilverjku View Post
    Wow looks amazing Eddie! Thanks for all the information! Can't wait to see it get dirty
    Thanks, we're eager to test her out

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    This is too cool! Those knuckles are a great improvement

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block FuriousDz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Not a stupid question at all. The Pro 1550 was designed and made as an upgrade to the Pro 60 steering knuckle and yes, it is for a 60. It would not work on a ProRock 44.
    Thanks for the info! Looks like an awesome piece of machinery and made to improve the existing status quo! As you mentioned having so little backspace or having to use spacers puts extra stress on those unit bearings.

Thanks again this was a great read!

- 2017 JKU Sport -
    - 3" Evo Enforcer w/draglink flip - KMC XD128 Machete's - 35" Cooper STT Pro's -
    - EVO 2nd Gen Rock Skins - EVO 2nd Gen Rock Sliders -
    - EVO 1/4 pounder w/Stinger -

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    This is too cool! Those knuckles are a great improvement
    The Pro 1550 Knuckles are in a league of their own. There's simply nothing out there made by anyone that even comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousDz View Post
    Thanks for the info! Looks like an awesome piece of machinery and made to improve the existing status quo! As you mentioned having so little backspace or having to use spacers puts extra stress on those unit bearings.

Thanks again this was a great read!
    Actually, an XD60 uses a hub and spindle setup so it has wheel bearings - MASSIVE ones at that too especially when compared to the tiny unit bearings that come on a 44.

That is one hell of a setup. Great upgrade. What an awesome company Dynatrac is. Can't wait to see what's next!
    Last edited by Ddays; 03-20-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Are your Trail Readys 8.5" wide? And when will these new knuckles be available?

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    So, how is the rear axle set up. Are you running spacers in the rear?

Is it stronger for the ball joint to be in the knuckle and not the end forging of the axle housing? Thought that was interesting, seems like they would be easier to change and service

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Are your Trail Readys 8.5" wide? And when will these new knuckles be available?
    Yes, our Trail Ready's are 8.5" wide and the Pro 1550 knuckles have been out for a while now. I think this is just the first time they've been highlighted in this way and used on a 72.5" wide axle.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    So, how is the rear axle set up. Are you running spacers in the rear?
    We had our old ProRock 60 reconditioned and modified to be the same 72.5" width.

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Is it stronger for the ball joint to be in the knuckle and not the end forging of the axle housing? Thought that was interesting, seems like they would be easier to change and service
    Not necessarily stronger but definitely a LOT easier to service especially being that you can do it off your Jeep and on a bench.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast