Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-road hero fastback top black for JKU unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    This company has screwed so many people over that it now has a dummy name to link through to their site. I wouldn't touch their shit, even used.
    I've heard the same thing. It's a shame, because it looks like they make a decent product.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Douchebag
    The product is excellent, specially compared to all the offerings out there. Great product but the owner, who is an awesome guy (Tim Taylor), had several issues getting the product off the ground and produce enough to meet the demand. He was a one man workshop, and finally was able to expand the business, so I think a lot of people had issues in teh past but he gave everyone a heads up on the long wait (which is definitely worth it if you are not in a hurry). It is easy to jump on the band wagon for people that have no actual experience with the actual product, but the quality of his tops put Besttop and other mass producing company tops to shame.

The demand on his product is huge and I am glad that he has not sold out his product and design to other companies that would end up making them in low quality in China or elsewhere. I like supporting small businesses with quality products as much as I can, it is something that sadly is going away in this day and age.

Gui
    Last edited by geberhard; 04-17-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Edited Link Out.

Off-road hero fastback top black for JKU unlimited

Cool story. I'm sure he told it to you himself. Juxtapose that with the many, many documented complaints where the guy takes the proceeds from the newest customer purchase to buy the materials to start working on existing purchases, and where he did not tell people what was really going on or even get them the tops they had paid for with 9 months or more.

ORH had the same business model as Benchmark Designs. If you have been around for any amount of time at all, you will understand the point.

Edit: ...and if memory serves, this guy was a Canadian making the tops in Canada.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-17-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Douchebag
    No worries. I am glad that he was able to turn the business around and still being able to produce one of the best tops out there. I never met the guy, but was able to exchange emails and he was a straight shooter throughout the whole process, and the top kicks ass.

Going back to the topic, I have a top that is almost new for sale for anyone looking for one, no wait or drama needed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by geberhard; 04-17-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Edited Link Out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12